Input on the Guild, Macros, etc.

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Ok guys, I'd like to get some input from you. What are your thoughts on the Guild so far? (Be honest and objective!) I'm hearing all sorts of things - alot of it conflicting - and I'm considering a change or two, perhaps to our macros...

Ok, the things I've been hearing:

DethNet rocks - nice to see a guild that cares!
Wow - nice to see a guild where there are actually active members and people online!
You guys have events? You get together for pics? That is awesome!
I *hate* the BS in guild chat - bunch of chump kids - nice to see a guild that doesn't tolerate that!
Of course, there's the flip side of the coin.

You have too many members. Too many = Zerg Guild = Noobs = Bad
DethNet members take alot of abuse for being members...
First off, let me strongly state that I don't give a $hit what anyone outside the guild thinks. Not a damned bit. And the only people that seem to be whining or making fun of us are exactly the types of members we'd not want in the guild in the first part. I also know alot of it is bitterness (read: ex-members that got booted), or jealousy (there are guilds out there 8 months old that have never made it past 25 members - we have more than that online alot of the times).

But I'm concerned about perhaps changing our recruiting macros to better represent us. Is this perception of a 'Zerg Guild' common? Is it supposed to be a bad thing? (I can't see how - I'm hardcore into war/strategy/wargaming, and very good at it. All I can see this leading to is a very powerful guild - I'm supposed to be worried about that? I look into the future, and I see us with 600 members at a time when 100 of us are between lvl 60-70... That would let us totally own this server 'x' many months down the road).

So what do you guys think? Are prospective members going to be turned off because we have too many people? (As in, should we stop saying how many members we have in the macro?) Or is it only the little elitist pukes that are going to think that anyways, and since we don't want that crap in our guild to begin with, posting how many members is actually helping us screen them out?

Thoughts?

And what about sticking something in the macro about our guild chat policy? I don't want to say "We only have mature guild chat" (well, worded better, but you know what I mean) and then have them see the crap we have in there... But maybe something along the lines of "<DethNet> is looking for members up to level 47 that enjoy an active, helpful guild, want to be part of guild chat that is not filled with cursing and immaturity etc etc etc"; so that we can better screen those nasty types from joining in the first place?

Guys, basically I'd like to ask you to put some serious thought into this, and be blunt and truthful. I know you all love our guild (and we love having you in it!), but I need to know how the average person in WoW perceives us, what's good, what's bad, etc. I don't give a hell if 70% of the server makes fun of us - the other 30% will have then found the home they are looking for, and we'll be ten times the size (and power) of any other 5 guilds put together. (The reason we started this guild in the first place is because we didn't like alot of the crap you see in most of the other guilds in the first place - we wanted something different).

We will grow into something spectacular, I promise you guys!

But we never expected to get to the size we are (certainly not this fast, anyways), and we're obviously going through some growing pains. With your help, we'll get through this as smoothly as possible, and get back to why we're doing all this in the first place...

FUN!

So let me know you thoughts, people, and let's get the show on the road!

Last edited:

D3adkl0wn

..your own personal Jesus
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
the two RL friends of mine that are in the guild have nothing but good to say about the place.. in fact the first reaction of Illuminance was to /w me and tell me that he was amazed at how welcome he felt from the online members welcoming him. Dalrac is the same was, however he doesn't like to talk much in guild chat, and hesitates to announce "dings" and stuff from bad experiences with other players giving him a hard time i guess..

as for me.. well i love it here, and as corbix said, this will be the only home for any of my chars.

(how about this?)
"DethNet is now recruiting!! we are a fast growing mature group who are looking for members up to level 47 that will enjoy an active and helpful guild. "

**i know that this might be frowned up on, but is it possible that making a min lvl would help with some of the problems? like 15 or so? it's just a thought.

Last edited:

corbix

screenshot guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
here's what i think about the guild , its great because we dont let people swear and act like there 5 , i mean i dont kno about the rest of you but i work all the time like 40-50 hours a week now when i finally have time to log on i dont want to have to put up with little kids being retarded spaming santo's rifle and chuck norris smut. i like the fact that i log in and theres 25 people online and i dont care if they kno how to play or even if there good in pvp thats not the point of the guild is it ? and if you show them how to play they will get beter i kno if i didnt have you guys to go hey when you do this and this happens do this , or use this skill i wouldnt be as good in pvp as i am now isnt the point of playing a game to have fun i agree with you surii about what other people say there just mad cuz we can kick it and not level and still have fun and dont spam stupid stuff in chat , what do you mean Zerg guild i dont understand that term , also about the size of the guild like you have said in other post about the officers bearing the burden of the amount of players let us help you when im on ill do all i can to insure a mature setting and a helpfull one to boot :p also i think that some of the players in the guild are a little imature what they do and ive noticed this(they) hold it in when a officer is on now i was on my alt the other day and its amazing how some of them act when big brother isnt watching but i dont rember there names wish i did wasent anything that bad but still interresting and thease members that do that how are we so sure there not the ones causing the verbal smack on us outside of the guild talking trash now i do rember one incident when "josh" or you kno him as acid,sin,borus,honcho was on in ogrimmar and he showed me that another player whent "hey seen that dethnet guild man there retarded" and the other dude whent "yea there such noobs and talk alot of smack" josh whispered him and said "if your gonna talk smack why dont you back it up and duel me we will see who the noob is " he was on sin who is a 44 rogue" the one talking the trash was like 33 and told him "lol why would i duel some one higher level than me i bet you only ask lower levels to duel your a noob" he then told him "dont talk smack if you can't back it up i would suggest you stop " the dude then stoped doing it and that put and end to it at least at that time , so i think that there are some members talking smack to people witch is causing this effect of the comunity being like we dont like dethnet , or it stems from them being jelous​

corbix

screenshot guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
i second that thought i mean theres alot of people who can hop on a level one charater and stuff if we raise the min it might be nice like 15 or 20 would be ok with me and just let the people who are in the guild now stay. also i think that some of the more imature players are below level 15 :eek:

:paperbag: dethnet is recruiting lvl?-? players for a freindly active guild we have TS and a guild forums looking for mature players that support a friendly mature inviroment pst Corbix if iterested:eek:

d0ntd0it

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I really don't care what ppl outside the guild think either. What matters is what our guild thinks. I think we should leave the number of members in the macro. Like you said, there are pros and cons of leaving it in. I know when I joined I liked the number of members (around 60 or so then). This meant more resources for me personally. I think the pros outweigh the cons.

In the macro, maybe we could say, no bull chat or no nonsense or just plain mature chat like you said.

For the minimum level, maybe 26 lower than Surii? 26 below, 6 above. that would make it 15-47.

I love this guild. I haven't personally heard anything bad about us outside of guild chat. Where else can you just join and be welcomed by all and get the friendly support you need?

-d0nt

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well, things seemed to have calmed down considerably.

The BS in guild is nothing like it was, we haven't had to go on a booting spree since the original weekend that caused this message to be posted. I think for the time being, we'll leave everything just as it has been.

So we can get back to some serious recruiting, and keep the guild growing. Even though the adult channel isn't seeing alot of use, just having it there as an alternative for the cursing crowd seems to have been a very calming influence. So let's all get out there and start DethNet expanding again!

D3adkl0wn

..your own personal Jesus
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I very nearly had a rather large blunder in guild chat today.. lol.. i wa checking stuff out for someone and went to past what i found into guild chat and it was only a fluke that i looked up and saw what i had pasted before i pressed enter.. lol.. put it this way.. it was a R rated address.. that was rather explicit in nature.. lol.. dunno what happened for it to still be on my clipboard after i copied something else.. but it was a close one.. haha..

i'm sure you all can see the humor in that. and my sudden relief that i ddin't habitually press enter.. haha.. i would have been a prime candidate for a booting.. lol

Mantis

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I won't bother asking why you had a site like that in your clipboard in the first place... :laugh:

Ya, we all make the odd screw up, but that one would have been quite funny! :D

SirBungee

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Well i macro like This (You try the rest now try the best try us out at deth net we supprt teamspeak up to lvl 52) or some others too i change time to time