How to stop a hero with DC on the run...

G

Forumites,
I'm back with a couple of situations that recently occurred and need solice (since the hero made it and the DC got placed on my fortified building location....but I digress....)

1) Building location contains: russian 628/LMG, 237, 9-2, 8-1, hidden 328 and 7-0. 628 and 237 FF with 9-2 directing fire. Later in move phase, LMG FF's at another target - can 9-2 direct this shot? can the 8-1? can the 628 and 237 SFF along with the LMG FF shot to be able to gain the 9-2 direction? if so, would LMG have to use Sustained Fire?

2) Same cast of players, everyone but the hidden HS SFF's on a unit moving adjacent thru smoke grenades (spends 2MF) - can the hidden HS (or any other unit that is stacked with the SFF'ers) fire on the moving unit on his second MF thru the smoke, thus avoiding same hex FG restrictions?

As usual, all help is greatly appreciated in advance....
Randy

SamB

Shut up and play!
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
1) Building location contains: russian 628/LMG, 237, 9-2, 8-1, hidden 328 and 7-0. 628 and 237 FF with 9-2 directing fire. Later in move phase, LMG FF's at another target - can 9-2 direct this shot? can the 8-1? can the 628 and 237 SFF along with the LMG FF shot to be able to gain the 9-2 direction? if so, would LMG have to use Sustained Fire?
First, that's a HECK of alot of Russian leaders in one location. Why did you do that? Have you ever been told "Don't stack"?

Since the 9-2 directed the shot by the 628 and 237, he can only direct them in this fire phase. The 8-1 could direct the LMG shot if he hasn't directed fire previously. If you add ANY units to the pair that the 9-2 directed, it will prevent the 9-2 from directing that shot. IOW, once the 9-2 directs a shot, he cannot ADD any units to the fire group and direct subsequent shots.

2) Same cast of players, everyone but the hidden HS SFF's on a unit moving adjacent thru smoke grenades (spends 2MF) - can the hidden HS (or any other unit that is stacked with the SFF'ers) fire on the moving unit on his second MF thru the smoke, thus avoiding same hex FG restrictions?
No, you cannot avoid the same "LOCATION" fire group restrictions. You are, of course refering to "Mandatory Fire Group". (Note that the restriction is actually that you cannot fire into the same target location (not hex).

Sam

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
SamB said:
No, you cannot avoid the same "LOCATION" fire group restrictions. You are, of course refering to "Mandatory Fire Group". (Note that the restriction is actually that you cannot fire into the same target location (not hex).
I think Sam is incorrect here. Since the unit used 2mf that gives two oppertunities to fire. One each of the mf, mandatroy fire group applies, but not on both mf at the same time.

G

pete,
yes, i've been told not to stack, but i don't always do what i'm told....

check out the RB scenario with the three hexes as choices for victory condition HQ (can't recall the scen number off the top of my head). hidden 9-2, 7-0, 628, and 328 start in HQ. i moved the others into the hex to hopefully deny capture on last turn....voila....lots of ruskies packed into one fortified building location....