How to put an overlay over an overlay

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How does one put and overlay on top of an overlay in VASL. I need to put RR6 on top pf RR! in order to curve a railroad. I try putting RR1 down then RR6 and RR6 does not show. I try the other way, RR6 does not show. I try to enter oW9 and oW10 as the scenario card shows, and it doesn't work.

I tried to use the draggable overlay extension but it does not seem to work.

Thanks for your help.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Not sure you can but not sure about that. You could with the overlay extension but I don't have railroad overlays in it yet. If you can wait till Thursday, I can have a workable solution for you. If that's okay let me know the board configuration.

Al

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
A conceivable workaround:

You could attempt to use a combination of the following.

• - The overlay you want to use
  • - Draggable Open Ground Overlays to cover some ground
  • - The transparent overlays to go on top of the draggable overlays (which go on top of the normal overlay
I have not attempted, if this works, though.

von Marwitz

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks.

I came back to the game later after watching form TV/ I had left it up on the computer. I went and deleted RR6 as I think it was going underneath the larger RR1. Then I added RR6 again and this time it came up on top like it was supposed to. Now this is no different than what I did hours before so I have no idea why it didn't work in the first place but worked later on. So I'm goood to go now.

"You could with the overlay extension..."

When I try to add this extension I get a Java write error. VASL then showed the extension as being there in the VASSAL box but it isn't when I open VASL. Then today when restarting VASL the extension was no longer being shown in VASSAL box. Java... sigh.

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Remember, computers make our life easier.

Glad you got it to work.