how to photoshop (1): blurred text

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ive teamed up with meddigo to give some tutorials.

Blurred Text

here is what i will use as an example:

1.choose a font that you would like to use (i use http://ww.dafont.com/en/ to find some good fonts).

2. choose your area and write what you want, in this case my username.

3.Duplicate the layer of your text. To do this Right Click the layer of the text, then go Duplicate Layer. And, This works best if the text isnt blended.

4.Rasterize your duplicated layer. To do this, Right Click the layer, and go to Rasterize Type.

5. Now, with your rasterized layer selected, go Filter> Blur> Motion Blur. And, set the distance to 25 pixels.

6.And, for the degree, go for 90 if you want it to look like the example above. So, this can be done several time for multiple blurs.

(optional)​

7. you can also enhance the blurring by adding an inner glow and outer glow to it. To do this right click the blurred layer>blending options.

8. click the outerglow name to open the outerglow options and to add the blending to your blurred text. for now, make the colour identical to the text and change its blend mode to normal.

9. Do the same thing with innerglow and click ok.

this will make the blurred text more noticable.
there are millions of other cool tricks in photoshop, its just a matter of experimenting. Dont stick to my technique, mines just an example of creating unique text effects or even picture effects ;) get experimenting

Enjoy!

Here's another example.

meddigo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Good job Sora!! Looking good ;) I love that effect...never really used it though...hmm..

Meddigo

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Wow i am soo gona try and make my own sigs there are so many good tutorials on here now, i think there should be a sub section in the zone called tutorials and everything in there should be made stickys and locked just so people can read them :D

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice but i have to install it again when i get a new computer(low memory, only fast internet).

meddigo

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Lol I know that one, my laptop only has 128mb RAM so it don't run too well!!

Meddigo

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
once you download a font how do you use it through photoshop?

DarkSora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
mikesmith165 said:
once you download a font how do you use it through photoshop?
go into control panel>fonts and drag and drop the font into it to install it to the computer. then you can use it like you would with any font.