Help wanted for the Civil War section!

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
We're looking for two motivated volunteers to join the WHQ staff and run the new Civil War section. At least one of the two volunteers needs to be familiar with basic html and maintaining a webpage. What will you do as a staff member?

• Organize and help run tournaments.
  • Post news items on both the forums and the main WHQ webpage.
  • Contribute your ideas as part of the WHQ team.
  • Contribute valuable feedback and suggestions on our online gaming ladder (WARS). This includes granting awards to players within WARS for outstanding achivements.
  • Post articles and AARs.
  • Moderate the forum.
The volunteer members of the WHQ each contribute to the club within the limits of their individual skills, free time, and motivation to do so. We already have a great team, and this is an opportunity to work as a volunteer member of that team.

We would prefer volunteers who contribute at a slow steady pace to those who are "here today and gone tomorrow." You also need to have an active interest in the American Civil War and the Civil War Battles series from HPS. If this sounds like something you are interested in, please reply to this message or contact me directly. dmaddox @ warfarehq.com.

Tom DeFranco

Reaction score
As I mentioned in another thread in this section, I'd be happy to keep everyone abreast about the CWBS/CWR series. As a matter of fact, I am playtesting the new South Mountain game in the Regimental series. I know the principle who started The Gamers and could get quick answers for interested parties on rules questions. I could introduce threads about the various scenarios in the series. All the games have multiple scenarios, many of which are challenging tactical puzzles for both sides. I also try to hit this site at the clip of about 5 times a week.

Keith Todd

Reaction score
Don Maddox said:
I'm reviewing all of these as we speak. Stay tuned.
Just now found this forum. If I can be of help, let me know!

I see this is only for computer games :(

I cannot be of any help there.

Keith

Last edited:

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Good to see some people willing to step to the plate on this. I think we'll have a viable section in no time. I've exchanged a few notes with Don, so we should have some news before too long.

Regards,
Rich

dannybou

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just realized that we had this sub-forum now. Man I must be getting old!!! :)

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
We will have further announcements at a later date, but for now I would like to announce our first staff member: Rich Hamilton. We are still in the process of a major update to the main WHQ website and there is still a lot of work for us to do there, however, we will get it done so expect good things from that area soon.

I would also like to point out that we have added support for Civil War Battles to our file archives so expect some further goodness from that area.

rahamy

Reaction score
Thanks Don & Mark...looking forward to seeing this section grow. Have alreadt got content lined up to add in when the time is right.

And I look forward to working with who ever else stepps up to the plate. This certainly wont be a one man job!

Regards,
Rich

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
rahamy said:
Have alreadt got content lined up to add in when the time is right.
When you are ready, let me know. I'll give you a tutorial (and a hand) on getting info posted.

SoccerDJ

Reaction score
Country
ll
rahamy said:
Thanks Don & Mark...looking forward to seeing this section grow. Have alreadt got content lined up to add in when the time is right.

And I look forward to working with who ever else stepps up to the plate. This certainly wont be a one man job!

Regards,
Rich
Anything I can do to help just let me know.

DJ

rahamy

Reaction score
Thanks guys...once I get a rund down from Don I'll have a better idea of what's ahead. The biggest thing for all of us though is to rally some people to the section, so when content goes up people will be around to use it!

rahamy

Reaction score
Guys,

Ok, just been doing some poking around and I have an item I'd like to ask help with, from either one or more of you.

Would anyone be willing to start posting the ACW scenarios from my site, to the WHQ download section? Don added support for us in there today. Here's the link to my site with the scenarios that need to be added, all except the Gettysburg expansion of course.

http://www.hist-sdc.com/scndacw.html#COR

As soon as I get access to the web editing I'll start putting articles and the like up.

Thanks,
Rich