HD or TEM

Bjoernar

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
Hello

I became unsure about this one last day. Assume an AFV in a woods hex with a wall around it. It has no WA. However, vs a non-adjacent enemy the AFV may claim wall TEM, i.e. HD.

My question is: Who chooses wheter the AFV receives wall TEM (Hulldown) or wood TEM (+1 on the TH attempt)

I think it is the AFV's owner that should choose when it is subject to a TH attempt but I suddenly became unsure about it.

Bjørnar

Yarlis

Reaction score
Country
llSpain
From the errata-corrected D2.4:

"A HD target may not also claim a Case Q TH DRM but it may claim an in-hex Case Q TH DRM in lieu of HD status."​

It is the HD target who chooses.​

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yarlis said:
It is the HD target who chooses.​

[/FONT]
Strangely, MMP did not care to specify the timing of the decision, a rather bizzare oversight.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Strangely, MMP did not care to specify the timing of the decision, a rather bizzare oversight.
I would assume from the context of the rule that it is after the shot is announced and before the actual DR. :devious:

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Larry said:
I would assume from the context of the rule that it is after the shot is announced and before the actual DR. :devious:
I think if you posted that to MMP they would respond: "Good Assumption". But why did they issue errata that left the need for a clarification? And the clarity of your assumption might depend on the situation of my targeted vehicle.

Larry

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Originally Posted by Brian W
I think if you posted that to MMP they would respond: "Good Assumption". But why did they issue errata that left the need for a clarification? And the clarity of your assumption might depend on the situation of my targeted vehicle.
I can barely figure out what I am doing half the time. Trying to figure out MMP in general or Perry in particular, you'll need someone with a bit more of the grey stuff for that one. :eek: