Hatten-in-Flames Campaign Question - off-map setup & RGs

MagpieMartin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Hi, just want to be sure I have the correct understanding of 3.4 (Special Rules - CG8 REINFORCEMENTS)
CG1 Initial Scenario - we have the printed OB forces for both sides - the Germans may set up any/all of this listed OB on the map set up as noted - or enter any/all as Reinforcements.
Those units that set up off map MUST enter on Turn 1 or forfeit their entry until the following Day, Jan 10th. ( They are retained ). Correct ?
And does A2.51 apply? I ask because in this case (HT Initial scenario) the printed OB MAY enter as reinforcements - they are not designated as having to enter. I'm splitting hairs I know. Just wondered :)

2.51 OFFBOARD SETUP: Units designated by a scenario as having to enter the mapboard (rather than setting up on it) must still be set up offboard on the turn of entry as the first act of the RPh of that Player Turn.

Secondly, those units purchased with GCPPs - these may enter at any point during the Scenario, in any Turn, as per that side's entry restrictions - and may enter during a MPh, without the requirement of A2.51. IOW, they simply enter during the course of play, from any legal offboard hex as the situation on the ground dictates ( i.e., with no ...... quote "as the first act of the RPh of that Player Turn."

Thanks in Advance
Martin

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't have Hatten, but from other CG (as well as non-CG) all units entering on a given turn have to set up off board at the start of that RPh. You can't decide in the middle of the MPh to enter some units that can enter on any turn but were not set up at the start of the RPh.

MagpieMartin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks for your input - that's what I thought. Maybe I'm being too concerned with possible EXCs, rather than adopting standard procedure !