Gathering of Grognards

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
By the time our core group completes all the quests in the Breelands (Barrows/Old Forest as some of them interconnect to Bree) we'll be the right levels. :bite: :bite: :bite:

jayedub7423

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am not there because at the time of this posting, you are all adventuring, and Dragon Age is calling me. But I would love to join the GoG and do some adventuring with you guys at some point.

I have a Captain that is level 12, but I can't stand the class so I have been using him to farm and cook, which I love doing. I do have a level 4 Champions that has been vegetating to maybe I will get him up to level, if that's alright with everyone.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sounds perfect.

We played with a Captain, a Burglar and a Hunter today. A little weak on the defensive skills at level 11 for the Captain, but a good session no doubt.

The Champ would probably be a perfect addition. Just talk to us in advance so that we can synchronize the quests that were put on the character. We found it to be really problematic that some quests that were required for others had to be done by some characters but not by others.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Tonight was our first questing as a Kin! :toast:
The core group consists of: a Hunter, Captain and a Burglar. :bite:
Of course I don't think anyone took a screen-shot of the historic event... :(

The session was about 4hrs, but it went by quickly as we knocked out a lot of the starting quests around the Marsh.

Dragon Age is calling me.
Play that when not questing with GoG! Which will probably be 1-2 nights at most a week with the core characters. Other can be doing their deeds, crafts etc.

But I would love to join
Join now and have fun as we struggle to survive early on and watch as MD runs off & dies repeatedly with no healer in the group... {anyone that likes to keep everyone's butt from dying please join, a healer is always needed!}

...I have been using him to farm and cook, which I love doing.
YEA! Join him up so we can get some decent adventuring food, which is a must at upper levels.

I do have a level 4 Champion...
Nice, a melee DPS'er to balance our ranged DPS hunter. We made it to level 14 tonight so hop on and run thru the intro's & starter quests which should put you at 10th or so. Doesn't take that long to jump to 10th level.
One good session with the Kin & you'll be right up with us. :D

All "Grognards" & their kin are welcome! Heck if you're reading this here that means you're a LotR Grognard already so join us! :laugh:

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We found it to be really problematic that some quests that were required for others had to be done by some characters but not by others.
Which is key to keeping everyone at about the same levels (+- 3 levels) and questing as a group. Once we got our quests in a row the adventuring fun took off.

The more we have playing the harder quests we can tackle before we should! :devious:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I did take a screenshot but I forgot to turn UI junk off.

Gathering of Grognards in the Combe luber camp. That was after killing the Warg :)

One more (widescreen):

Last edited:

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I want to play again soon, but I have a business trip coming up Saturday until Wednesday.

What's you guy's schedule?

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can't make it tonight. I sold a bazillion of things on ebay and have to wrap them up before I fly out :(

Back Wednesday.

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Cool...I may need some help with a final quest at the gates of Moria, which is likely a Level 50 thing anyway, if Palantier is up for it later.

I just got the heartseeker skill and is it ever cool...

I have done all the pre-Moria quests but I have to kill one last guy in the caves and while I have tried a few times to solo it and probably could do it if I spent a couple hours trying and failing, or alternately just giving up and taking the plunge, I think I'd like the satisfacting of having killed Graug or whatever his name is...of P is around for say 10 minutes tonite...

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The game broke for me anyway, broke on the new patch. 5 hour 4 minutes to go for new download...

Unless somebody can give me turbinelauncher.exe? I nuked that trying to unwedge the patch.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm on the Yule festival in case anyone is available.

Basement of Thorin's hall, a new room behind the old bar. Tons of people here and snowstorm outside, what could be better :)

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
I'm on the Yule festival in case anyone is available.

Basement of Thorin's hall, a new room behind the old bar. Tons of people here and snowstorm outside, what could be better :)
Been at it a few days; trying to figure out the bar fighting. Got fed up and did a few laps in the horse races in Bree...

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
It's fun. Of course it contributes to me not ever really leveling up a single character. Way too much stuff to do and new characters to try.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Some of the "toys" you can get are quite nice and the winter cloaks finally look like real winter cloaks & not another piece of cheerless cloth.

The "festival" guys at Turbine are clearly putting some serious thought & effort into making each party season unique & fun. This is a good sign for the rest of the serious areas of LotRO.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
My Captain is still parked where we left of, level 13 or whereabouts. If/when we continue playing, do we continue there or did you guys level your people involved up?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I have not leveled mine, he's still hanging out in Bree waiting for the trio to adventure again.

I figured the holidays were kind of messing with the Friday gathering- we can pick a different night if you want.