Full Spectrum Warrior is shipping, post your review

suchey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I havent played it, but some of you may know that a variation of this game is being used by the US Army as a training tool. Apparently, someone figured out that the US Army version is included on the same XBox game disc as the retail game.

http://sniperkilla.home.comcast.net/FSW/

I dont own an XBox, so I dont know any details or if its true, but I guess the XBox was modded in some way. I havent heard if this is a mistake, a hoax, or if it was planned this way.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by suchey
I havent played it, but some of you may know that a variation of this game is being used by the US Army as a training tool. Apparently, someone figured out that the US Army version is included on the same XBox game disc as the retail game.

http://sniperkilla.home.comcast.net/FSW/

I dont own an XBox, so I dont know any details or if its true, but I guess the XBox was modded in some way. I havent heard if this is a mistake, a hoax, or if it was planned this way.
hot damn! I'll keep my eyes open for info.

foster

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I just got the game a couple of days ago and have been really enjoying it. Its highly realistic.:horse:

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by foster
I just got the game a couple of days ago and have been really enjoying it. Its highly realistic.:horse:
cool! I'm way too busy with work to think of getting it at the moment...probably next weekend.

So, I hope it doesn't have a high "Twitch" factor! I suck as pushing buttons rapidly! ha ha Tell us more!! PC, Xbox, or other platform? Multiplayer (i thougth i read that is has multiplayer)?

nreese21

Reaction score
Country
llNorway
FSW looks awesome. I don't have it on pre-order though. I'm saving up to build my computer so I can't do any spending.:nonono:

Skoal!
:toast:

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I played it last night at my neighbor’s house. He has that Blockbuster Flip Card and the game is great. I tried the code that was posted on another thread and trust me it gets hard really quick. You can get civilians in a crossfire really quick if you are not careful. Now I just have to convince the wife to let me get an X-Box

suchey

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Has anyone played the "Army Version" mentioned above yet? If so, could you provide the differences in gameplay between the 2 versions?

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by jguritza
I played it last night at my neighbor’s house. He has that Blockbuster Flip Card and the game is great. I tried the code that was posted on another thread and trust me it gets hard really quick. You can get civilians in a crossfire really quick if you are not careful. Now I just have to convince the wife to let me get an X-Box
This is all i've come across with regards to folks playing the military version! Sounds like a tough mission or two!!

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I don't own an XBOX but I'm looking forward to it on the PC. I heard IGN gave it like a 9.2, so I guess there is some differing opinion among experienced critics.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Yeah, I think we will get many differing opinions on the game from each reviewer.

The gamespot bloke's main complaint was weak enemy AI and possible lack of longterm playability.

thanks for the posting the IGN review!

gobeavs

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The only questionable weak spot for IGN's review was lasting appeal also. The PC version is now 40 dollars at gamestop, but it won't be released till the first of september, maybe it will have some online features that will add to the long-term value.

Patrocles

Reaction score
Originally posted by gobeavs
The only questionable weak spot for IGN's review was lasting appeal also. The PC version is now 40 dollars at gamestop, but it won't be released till the first of september, maybe it will have some online features that will add to the long-term value.
bummer! I was hoping the pc version would be available.

jguritza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am currently playing at my friend’s house when I can. He is a teacher and played for days and finally completed all the missions. I have not played as much as he has but I am not sure if repeatability will be an issue or not.

I am still in the awe stage of game play were it is still fresh and new to me.