FtF, Vancouver, BC

grumbler

Reaction score
Country
ll
Jeff Newell said:
Hi David,

Look forward to meeting you. HOpefully you can bring down some other VAncouver ASLers with you.

Not sure if you will be the furthest. I think Spokane is a little farther and they are coming. Not too mention someone from Colorado is coming as well - but the room is for the GROUP that travels the farthest.

So if another canuck or two come down, you have a good shot.

Jeff

I'm from England :)

Happy New Year to all my readers!

Jim McLeod

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jeff Newell said:
Hi David,

Look forward to meeting you. HOpefully you can bring down some other VAncouver ASLers with you.

Not sure if you will be the furthest. I think Spokane is a little farther and they are coming. Not too mention someone from Colorado is coming as well - but the room is for the GROUP that travels the farthest.

So if another canuck or two come down, you have a good shot.

Jeff
Jeff,

Mr. Schofield is from England.

My last glance at an Atlas indicates that England is still a mile or two farther east from Seattle than is Colorado.

;)

=Jim=

Jim McLeod

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jeff Newell said:
England is that little island east of boston, right?
No, that would be Ireland where most of the Boston people came from.

England is close to that big thing a little farther east.

It, the big thing a little east of England, is now called the German Union of Former European States ... come, touch my Euro Deiter und zen ve schall dahnce...

"Silliness ... it's not just for spring anymore!"

=Jim=

Jay White

my sh*t is so tight
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Thanks for the update, Rick. If it happens, I'll be there, no matter how many other players there are!

rickwcan said:
Jay, I have been contacted by Trumpeters. The dates of their con is March 10-12. They have not agreed to our participation yet. Once I know it's a go I will let you know. If the Trumpeters let us in, I expect to announce the tounement in early January.

However, with the new Seattle tourney three weeks earlier, I think most players will attend one or the other and only a few will attend both. I think our numbers will be 12 at the most unless Seattle shows in force. When I had my tournement in Vancouver in the late 90's I got only one or 2 people from Seattle attending. The most I ever got from Vancouver to attend a Seattle tourney was 4.

grumbler

Reaction score
Country
ll
Looks like I'll be there. anyone want to room share?
Sam Belcher and I have an interesting room sharing story :).

cheers
David

Johnny Canuck

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Jay White said:
If a tourney ever started up in Vancouver again, my ass would be THERE.

Work your magic, Jim!

-jay
The Vancouver tournament is this weekend Jay.

We'll see you there!

Last edited:

danstudentvcc

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Hello..

rickwcan said:
Are you interested in FTF games with other ASL players in Vancouver outside of a tournement?
:confused: Yikes!! Just noticed the date on your post Rick!

Obviously, I don't get around too quick on the messages.
I am willing to ftf. [This would also help to increase my MMP playtest completions in addition to my standing! :halo: er scores at SZO-ASL...] hahahahaha.

First - I am reviewing the ASL2RB I got over the Christmas holidays
Second - I am building up my gamettes of ASL in addition to gradually taking on Vassal/Vasl pbem games ...
Third - Participating in Trumpeter's weekend followed by beginning ftf games
beyond the tourney ones.

Sorry for the delay,
:)
Gus

MadDog_CDN

Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I've got my girls so Saturday is out, unless I can convince them that this is some how linked to ballet, and that ain' t going to fly.

If I had the boys it would be different.

Maybe I can drop by for a quick pick up game Sunday? If I do should I bring my ASL or get ready to watch the finals?

Last edited:

rickwcan

A moron from Canada
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Salute and FTF in Vancouver

MadDog_CDN said:
I've got my girls so Saturday is out, unless I can convince them that this is some how linked to ballet, and that ain' t going to fly.

If I had the boys it would be different.

Maybe I can drop by for a quick pick up game Sunday? If I do should I bring my ASL or get ready to watch the finals?
You are welcome to come by on the weekend and check it out. I think there are a few who are coming for 1 day only and might be available for a pickup game but no guarantees. If you are interested in FTF ASL in Vancouver send me an e-mail rickw@stat.ubc.ca