Demo Fail

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I downloaded and installed the demo yesterday; today I played it.

It crashed after 10 turns and windows shut it down. The only thing I did different was plot artillery.

One game play issue I'm wondering about is the infantry dismounted their HTs every time they came under in-direct fire from 82mm Mortar. The jumped out and were pinned or suppressed. There they remained for a few turns getting clobbered and i the HTs kept on moving. I had to bring the HTs back and finally, after 8 turns got the infantry mounted and moving again. Then a MG opened up on them and out jumped out again. Why is this? Why would they not stay in their HTs which should protect them from small arms and shrapnel.

junk2drive

Reaction score
We had a problem with tank riders going prone on the back of tanks when suppressed and it looked horrible. The fix was to have them dismount if attacked as they would have in reality. Unfortunately there is no way to differentiate between AFVs. We realise that the tutorial battle has this problem with the first turn mortar fire and the squads jumping out to quickly. We changed the tutorial in the full game and are looking for a way to stop infantry from jumping out of houses and halftracks when attacked.

Could you post about your crash at the Matrix forum and attach your log file? It might help us find a bug with plotting arty. Did the game restart and continue?

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
We had a problem with tank riders going prone on the back of tanks when suppressed and it looked horrible. The fix was to have them dismount if attacked as they would have in reality. Unfortunately there is no way to differentiate between AFVs. We realise that the tutorial battle has this problem with the first turn mortar fire and the squads jumping out to quickly. We changed the tutorial in the full game and are looking for a way to stop infantry from jumping out of houses and halftracks when attacked.

Could you post about your crash at the Matrix forum and attach your log file? It might help us find a bug with plotting arty. Did the game restart and continue?
OK, on the infantry. I hope you can fix that. I agree, they would get off of tanks but would stay in APCs.

The game tried to restart after the crash; the screen came up for a moment and then the 'Windows is shutting down the program' came up and that was it. I don't know if there was a log file produced. How would I find it?

junk2drive

Reaction score
In the main folder is a folder named Logs. The files are named by date.

Did you start the game again and could you load the autosave?

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Did you start the game again and could you load the autosave?
I just went back in and was able to resume playing with the autosave. It was at about where it crashed. I was able to plot artillery this time and keep playing. I'll look into getting the log file.