Combat Mission: Afrika Korps v1.02 Patch Released

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
From Battlefront.com:

Battlefront.com is pleased to announce the availability of the long awaited version 1.02 patch for Combat Mission Afrika Korps. Boasting dozens of improvements, changes and fixes, this patch is cumulative and all inclusive and will work with any version of CMAK currently available and for all language versions.
Head over and get it!!!

www.battlefront.com

BigMik1

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
They didn't fix a single game mechanics problem, with the exception of the firing slit of pillboxes (which might not be much of an improvement).

In particular they did nothing about the fact that the German player can buy heavier artillery in Quickbattles, which is a realism joke. And to tip it off, it gets worse in June 44 when it should get better.

I have to re-read my postings but I think I predicted that ignorance to happen. Bascially they took a year to remove Churchills from Canadian service and similar changes that have no engine impact and didn't fix any of the gameplay or realism problems (pillboxes excluded).

Last edited:

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yeah, people on the Battlefront fourm are not that happy with the patch. It took way too long to come out with it. I agree with you.

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
BigMik1 said:
Yeah, people on the Battlefront fourm are not that happy with the patch. It took way too long to come out with it. I agree with you.

BigMik1
So, are most people likely to be installing the Patch or not? Only, I don't want to go installing it if no-one's going to bother, as it would prevent me playing PBEM any more...

Dr. S.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
"So, are most people likely to be installing the Patch or not? Only, I don't want to go installing it if no-one's going to bother, as it would prevent me playing PBEM any more..."

A very important issue to decide,...especially since the CMAK Joust is fast approaching.

Artur

Reaction score
Country
llHungary
I red on the Blitz forum, that the Armoured Jous tournament will be held with the patched version.

Artur.

The Purist

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Gerry
Country
llCanada
Excellent reconaissance work Sergeant Major!! Damn fine job! Now then, shall we all download the patch by 1800 hours Nov 18? I'll invite discussion just this one time on command perogatives, so be quick about it.

Boff

Reaction score
Country
ll
Redwolf said:
They didn't fix a single game mechanics problem, with the exception of the firing slit of pillboxes (which might not be much of an improvement).

In particular they did nothing about the fact that the German player can buy heavier artillery in Quickbattles, which is a realism joke. And to tip it off, it gets worse in June 44 when it should get better.

I have to re-read my postings but I think I predicted that ignorance to happen. Bascially they took a year to remove Churchills from Canadian service and similar changes that have no engine impact and didn't fix any of the gameplay or realism problems (pillboxes excluded).
Bearing in mind your previous posts here and on the BF forum is there anything about the game you do like, RW?
Not a flame btw, just curious..
:hmmm:

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Doctor Sinister said:
So, are most people likely to be installing the Patch or not? Only, I don't want to go installing it if no-one's going to bother, as it would prevent me playing PBEM any more...

Dr. S.
I have patched already.

BigMik1

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Boff said:
Bearing in mind your previous posts here and on the BF forum is there anything about the game you do like, RW?
Not a flame btw, just curious..
:hmmm:
I wouldn't bother to bitch otherwise, would I?

is there anything invalid about my claims that BFC:
- took a long time to produce the patch
- didn't change any of the actual gameplay issues
- let people in the dark about it the two previous points

Re-read the "official bug reports" threads and how much effort people were putting into it. None, not a single one, of the issues has been addressed (again, with the possible exception of pillbox death by 20mm, didn't test yet), and several people were putting a lot of effort into debugging. BFC watched and commented and then did nothing at all.

I take it you like playing with heavier artillery as the Germans then?

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll wait on the patch until some definite word on it's usefulness is put forward.

Redwolf

Member # 3665
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
PBEM is broken, possibly TCP, too. Only hotseat seems to work.

Patch 1.02 has been pulled. 1.03 to be expected after testing. Hehe.

We waited how long on a test team which let a patch throught that doesn't do any PBEM at all?

They've got to be kidding me...

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Redwolf said:
PBEM is broken, possibly TCP, too. Only hotseat seems to work.

Patch 1.02 has been pulled. 1.03 to be expected after testing. Hehe.

We waited how long on a test team which let a patch throught that doesn't do any PBEM at all?

They've got to be kidding me...
I hear you, loud and clear.

BigMik1

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Fools rush in... :clown:
Or in this case put out something that wasn't properly tested.

I'm glad I never rush out and pick up the "latest" patch of any game until I hear from "others" that it actually works.

I'm just sorry for you guys (the afore mentioned "others") that got caught in that whirlpool of the CMAK patch going down the drain. :cry:

Hopefully you were able to reinstall AK and move on. :horse:

BigMik1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well I am going to give them a day or two, since the new patch is already in testing. BFC must save face after this. And I would not call the "others" fools for rushing in. BFC has been reliable in the past and I, for one, gave them the benefit of the doubt like so many did off their track record. This time we got hit.

BFC has to work fast to calm some upset folks. I am disappointed in them. They were so silent about the patch for sooooooo long then it comes out and they didn't test it well? They must be really hard at work on CMX.

BigMik1