CoD type shooters

John Corbin

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
I would like a shooter type game that is not so scripted...

as an example...

My mission is to meet a contact at some point in the map but it is entirely up to me how I get there... If I want to crash through hedge rows or steal a truck or blow a hole through a wall, then so be it..

is there such a thing out there now... ?

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Single player games will probably always be a lot more scripted than multiplayer games where nearly anything can and does happen. You might want to check out the Battlefield series if you want a bit more open-ended gameplay. Of course, multiplayer gaming does introduce some drawbacks peculiar to the genre as well.

If you hook up with a good group of players, I think you will find the Battlefield games pretty enjoyable. There are a number of clans around.

You might also want to check out Operation Flashpoint and its sequels. The graphics are not cutting edge by today's standards, but the game itself is top notch. It also comes with one of the best editors I have seen for creating single player games.

jthomas

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
OFP is your answer!
Like Don said, the graphics take a little getting used to (after being exposed to COD2). But you can go ANYWHERE you like on the islands, you just might end up getting killed or failing the mission, but hey, that's what you asked for. Now that I think about it, there is even a scenario where all you do is drive around the island (forget which one). Very open-ended. More so than I can wrap my head around.....