CMBO- "3MIF" Round 2

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I hope all of the players save some endgame screenshots so Bogdan can "see" how things turned out. (Designers curiosity ) Levels 4-6 are great for overviews.

You can shoot some my way when you finish, but don't post anything here until after RD 2 is over! :)

BTW- the scenario "endgame" listing for points has been corrected.

Bogdan

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Palantir said:
I hope all of the players save some endgame screenshots so Bogdan can "see" how things turned out. (Designers curiosity ) Levels 4-6 are great for overviews.

You can shoot some my way when you finish, but don't post anything here until after RD 2 is over! :)

BTW- the scenario "endgame" listing for points has been corrected.
Oh yes, I would be glad if players can do that for Palantir and I :)

Don't forget to set the unit's bases visible, thanks !

Berkut37

Reaction score
Country
ll
sit-rep

My game as axis is going well, I am mopping up the last of british troops protecting the triangle. I have faced dogged resistance but my sturmgruppe and FJ troops have prevailed :ar15:

My other game as the allied defender has seen off a determined assault for the triangle, but my troops are convinced that tigers are coming down that road :scream: :scream:

I await developments

Bogdan

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Thanks for the screenshots !

GunnerC, Cougar DK,

Thank you for those very interesting screenshots ! Your battle seems to have been a bit "complex" with lots of surroundings manoeuvers and nasty inflitrations... ...oups :hush:

By the way, how did you manage to play this scenario so fastly ? You have now some free-time until december the 20th then ! What are you going to do, playing round #1 again ? :D

I will be very pleased to show my pictures of Escoville to our fellow players next month (I'm quite a bit impatient !).

Encore merci ! :thumup:

GunnerC

Reaction score
Country
ll
Bogdan said:
GunnerC, Cougar DK,

By the way, how did you manage to play this scenario so fastly ?
All down to the quality and commitment of my opponent - Boff.

Possible poll here - do you prefer playing people in the same country, when sometimes you can send half a dozen files of an evening, or playing people in a different time zone (in my case UK - US often) where you end up playing possibly a file a day on average ?

Cougar_DK

Former POA2 Thread Keeper
Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Bogdan said:
By the way, how did you manage to play this scenario so fastly ? You have now some free-time until december the 20th then ! What are you going to do, playing round #1 again ? :D
Hi Bogdan, I'm not finished.... ;) Have about 10 turns left in both games.

Mark

Boff

Reaction score
Country
ll
Cougar_DK said:
Hi Bogdan, I'm not finished.... ;) Have about 10 turns left in both games.
I think Bogdan is referring to the round between GunnerC and myself? :hmmm:

Cougar_DK

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Agree but take a look at Bogdans post... he wrote "GunnerC, Cougar DK,". I guess he means you Boff :D

Mephisto

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Ferme du pre Baron has fallen!

AirBiscuit threw a massive attack against the village and my defenses were no match for his might. Ack!

Bogdan

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Some news from the front !

Hey, nice to read some fresh news from the frontline, after a complete week of silence ! :)

Every player must be playing at the moment, in an almost complete "Game immersion", it's my only explanation ! Oh... ...err... ...you've got a... ...LIFE you said ? Oh come on ! :D

That poor "Ferme du pré Baron"... ...each time I played the battle, against Kerry or the AI, each time that very place suffered heavy shelling and massive attacks !

Hope everyone is enjoying his battles :smoke:

Cougar_DK

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
Isn't "Ferme du pré Baron" a little speed bump for the Germans... :p

That little town is no longer on my (Axis) map....

Cougar_DK

Reaction score
Country
llDenmark
I've just finished my game against Bruce, with me as Allies and what a fight. It ended in a Draw - the closets fight ever for me.

Arakis

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
More on the farm

In my allied game with Osvold, he only sent a platoon to take the farm, and they bought it instead :devil:
In my German game with Aston008, I sent a couple of platoons with some tanks in support, and they barely took it just now, scaring the remnants of the British defenders away. The losses were horrifying, as I didn't get to see any defenders until they opened up at point blank range.

In general, both games are progressing nicely and are around the midpoint, timewise. Some very interesting situations developing, with desperate fighting and many casualties on both sides.

As the German, I'm really feeling the time pressure. Escoville is pretty far from the starting areas, and setting up to attack it took me more than half the game.
I doubt I'll have the time to advance slowly and securely through the town and clear it. Even if I manage to win the fight there, I don't think it will be in time to gain control of the town for the end of the game. But we'll see I guess.

Arakis

KG_Norad

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
These Stories...

Thanks for the updates. I can see the traces whizzing past my head as read these! Thanks for all of your "tales from the front" :D

Bogdan

Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Which turn are you playing at this moment, gentlemen ?

We saw that one game has been finished some weeks ago, but that was the only one. Any battle report to send to Palantir ?

Good hunting near Escoville :devious:

Mephisto

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
In my Axis game vs Malm, we're at turn 13. As Arakis stated, I'm starting to feel the time pressure as well. I was thinking that the scenario needed more turns for the Germans to successfully take Escoville, but I'm now realizing that more turns would probably unbalance the scenario in favor of the Germans. I'll have to play this scenario some more once Bogdan and Palantir make it available after the round is over.

In my Allied game vs airBiscuit, Ferme du pre Baron has fallen and we're at turn 21.