Broadway to Prokhorovka: Dress Rehearsal

Omega Red

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I am new to HQ and I want to say that I am really excited abou this site, I hope that I can contrabute to the success of this site in the near future. (ok enough of the gooshy stuff!)

I would like to have any possiable feedback about the mini-CG Broadway to Prokhorovka: Dress Rehearsal or any of the other mods from anyone that has played them. For those that do not know about the mini-CG it is in ASL Journal #3. It looks like it rocks, there are so many possiable variables with in each mod, from optional reinforcements, randomly drawing for some of your OB setup, and each mod affects the following mod on your success or failures. In a way it reminds me of SASL in some ways.

I am playing the Russians like usual (I have a love for waves of human meat being throwen at the great German firepower.) Here are some specific Questions that i have on the game.

1) After playing just 2 rounds the German Tigers are riping a hole in my armor with little success from my own tanks. Any suggestions on how to combat these things. (I have read about the use of area fire and it is just as uneffective as AP)

2) What objectives would you try to reach in order to get enough CG's to get bonus set up for the next mod (Setting the Stage)?

3) How would you try to appraoch the crossroads (48G6) with infantry going across open ground? The Germans have the crossroads covered with renforcments.

4) How do i kill those darn Tigers!!!

Sorry, I tried to get my VASL pictures to download to help my explanations, with no luck.

Dr Zaius

Chief Defender of the Faith
Reaction score
First name
Don
Country
llUnited States
Omega Red said:
Sorry, I tried to get my VASL pictures to download to help my explanations, with no luck.
Are you having difficulty saving the screens from VASL, or uploading them to the forum?

Chris Milne

Reaction score
Country
ll
Best way to combat Tigers is to steer clear of them. If that's not possible, keep moving and try to get them to have to change TCA to get a shot in whenever possible. Also, firing HE/IFT may encourage them to BU. If you can, try to force them to come after you rather than charging onto their guns...

Getting smokeless infantry across open ground is never easy. You could use armoured assault, or try to get armour into positions where it would hinder LOS to the ground. VBM freeze is an option, as is drawing their fire with other movement. Or you can just suck it down and hope for the best. :)

Re: the pictures. Make sure you're using browse to find the file and then add file to add it to the post (caught me out before despite being clearly instructed to do so!). Also, are the file types valid (I think VASL churns out its screenshots as gifs now, but they used to be a weird graphic format in VASL 3...)

Omega Red

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Thanks for the infor guys I hope it helps, we are planning on playing in the near future. I will try to give everyone an update of our game in the next week or so. I also figured out the VASL thing. I had the boards in the wrong folder:)