Brigade Commander Recuriting Question

John Osborne

Reaction score
While I'm working on my random events list for the MBX, an idea hit me
(not sure if this was discuss or not). What if two players step forward
to be the Brigade Commanders for blue and red side and then have that player
start to recruit his own players for his side?

Would it work or not?

JohnO

Jeff Gilbert

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I remember posting on this in the mailing list but probably forgot to do it here in the forums.

I was looking at basically the same thing for CPX play where all players may not have the time for mission planning, get the force commanders on-board first ... later add the players or let the commanders receuit on their own.

The biggest danger in this would be one side lines up all/most the "experienced" players causing too much of an imbalance and thus, ensuring we don't get more and more players.

As planning time seems to be the single biggest issue with players not signing up immediately for a CPX, I have also considered the idea to include the bulk of the pre-mission planning in the initial orders (including overlays). The force commander can modify the plan to suite his needs and only have to issue "mission specific" orders to the players recruited.

Anyway, just some thoughts to get the ball rolling.

PS - welcome back JohnO, haven't seen you for a while around here.

TacCovert4

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
One thought would be to do something like real life, with the brigade commander/staff (air, xo, artillery, etc.) form the plan, and then make the call for unit commanders. Unit commanders would be randomly assigned to the different brigades, lending the battle more flavor, as the high command would have to plan a battle with unknown quantities for suboordinate commanders at the company level, who may or may not execute the plan in the same way as the brigade's intent.

GCoyote

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Seems like a good idea

Knowing who the commanders would be in advance might also help in organizing things like the email lists for the players teams, specific time slots, etc.

Heck give it a try, it might work out.