Big Brother 7

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom

Starts 18th May!
It's another evil Big Brother, and this year housemates will not only be allowed to discuss nominations....they will be encouraged and may have to say nominations outloud, producers are hoping this will cause more "entertaining" arguments.
Here are some photos so far:
(thanks to Naluka who found this)

Win a Golden Ticket
Now if you are wondering what that bottom photo is about this year 100 tickets will be put in 100 Kit Kats, 1 person out of these 100 ticket winners will go into the Big Brother house on the 9th of June.
Obviously there are people out there willing to buy them for lots of money, so munch on your Kit Kats people! you could get alot of money

For the first time in Big Brother history, a member of the public will be chosen at random for the unique chance to become a housemate in this year’s Big Brother house… that is if they are lucky enough to find a special golden ticket hidden inside a chocolate bar.

Running up to the launch of Big Brother 7, via a huge logistical operation, special KitKat bars will be distributed amongst up to 40,000 retail outlets nationwide ranging from the major supermarkets to local convenience stores, newsagents and confectionery kiosks in train stations.

Stringent security measures have been put in place to protect the operation of competition. This morning*under the watch of an independent security team, Big Brother will hand over the prized tickets for delivery to a secret location where they will be inserted into the bars.

100 golden tickets will be placed into KitKat four-finger single bars and KitKat chunky single bars for distribution across the country. The lucky winners of these tickets, having passed the programme’s prerequisite and thorough background checks, will be invited to pack their bags, say goodbye to their loved ones and head down to the Big Brother studios for a special live TV broadcast where one of the lucky ticket holders will then be chosen at random to enter the house.

Earlier this year, open auditions held across the UK attracted a record 25,000 contestants to apply but producers of the Channel 4 show hope that the golden ticket initiative will attract the interest of a wider range of people.

Angela Jain, Channel 4’s Big Brother Commissioning Editor said “This is a first for Big Brother. Nothing on this scale has ever been tried before in a reality show. We are always looking at new ways of trying to find brilliant housemates and the golden ticket feels like a genuinely exciting way to do so.”

The golden ticket competition opens at 10.30pm on Thursday 18th May and is available in 24hr stores and from opening time for other retailers on Friday 19th May. The competition closes on Friday 2nd June at 10.20pm.

On discovering a golden ticket, each of which are printed with a unique security coding, purchasers will have to ring a special 24 hour telephone hotline number for their chance to land a place in Big Brother 2006.
Also there are rumours of the housemates who are to enter this years BB house:
(supposudly there will be 16-18 HM, although there are only 12 listed below

Imogen: A nightclub hostess, hopes to start a career as a TV presenter.

Nicky: Glamour model who claims to have dated several Premiership footballers.

Lee: Second glamour model, still models topless.

Lisa:
Expected to be the show's "hyperactive odd-ball".

Sezer:
A Mediterranean City stockbroker.

George:
Photography student, expected to be the show's "calming influence".

Mikie: A model from Liverpool, in his early twenties.

Richard: Born in Canada, described as a "shaven-headed gay muscleman".

Shahbaz: A camp Indian Glaswegian, reminiscent of X Factor's Chico.

Pete: Singer in a band, already being tipped to win by producers.

Bonnie: A "no-nonsense" teenager from Loughborough.

Grace: A dancer in West End shows.

The house

A trailer has just aired for Big Brother and it shows snippets of the house, this years house is smaller than ever, and is inside out, meaning inside there is garden furniture and fake grass and outisde there is carpet and interior crap.
Here is the video http://www.bigbrothersite.co.uk/videos/bbhouse1.wmv

Here are some screenshots:

Andymac

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Lmao, i new you would start this thread lol :p

Well, i certainly hop someone like Eugine (last year) is in.

Naluka

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Andy said:
Lmao, i new you would start this thread lol :p

Well, i certainly hop someone like Eugine (last year) is in.
I dunno.. maybe a bit less geeky...

Andymac

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Naluka said:
I dunno.. maybe a bit less geeky...
Exactly, that's what was so funny about him lmao. The chicken thing he did haha. N he was shy n that of the girls - when he first joined lol.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
and the morse code thingy he did lol

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
I heard there was sum1 called Emma. It was in the paper so.. :D

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Oh dear......
BB bosses are apparently in panic over the "leaked" housemates that appeared in this weekends News of the World.

There is talk of even replacing some of the housemates. A source said:
"All hell has broken loose. This is a major leak and it could ruin our launch show because we always want Davina McCall to reveal who the new housemates are to the nation.

We may have to tell some of the contestants who we’ve picked that they’re not going to be on the show now and replace them with new people."

Is this a trick by Channel 4 to make the newspapers think they are in panic, or are they really in panic over the weekends events....

are these the housemates!?! :eek:.....no they aren't lol, these are the "Guinea pigs" that test the house in the weeks leading up to BB, sometimes some of the Guinea pigs are choosen to be real housemates....i.e Maxwell :eek:~

:p

Tim Bucks

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
arghhhhh i actually really h8 big brotyher but theres somthing about it that draws ur attention 2 it. Because i normally swith the TV on and i just get dragged into it but i think NOOOOO must resist but at the end of the day u gotta watch it.

bradas

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
ye i only really got into the last one and half way through the one before
this one should be good
pete=band member....pete doherty (sp?) hope so :D

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Photos Revealed today, cant be bothered to post them so here is the link http://www.bigbrothersite.co.uk/news06/show_news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1147425239&archive=&template=

Here are some screenshots from a bb advert shown yesturday:
A trailer has just aired for Big Brother and it shows snippets of the house, this years house is smaller than ever, and is inside out, meaning inside there is garden furniture and fake grass and outisde there is carpet and interior crap.
Here is the video http://www.bigbrothersite.co.uk/videos/bbhouse1.wmv

Shadowsora

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Tim Bucks said:
arghhhhh i actually really h8 big brotyher but theres somthing about it that draws ur attention 2 it. Because i normally swith the TV on and i just get dragged into it but i think NOOOOO must resist but at the end of the day u gotta watch it.
Same here lol- i saw the very start and was sadly hooked for the first (and hopefully last)time in my life.

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
When does it start by the way?

P.S mike has any one told you that u seriously are addicted to BB? :p

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
PSP RULES !!!! said:
When does it start by the way?

P.S mike has any one told you that u seriously are addicted to BB? :p
Starts this Thurday, and yes many people have lol

k3131n

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Uh...What is Big Brother? and What is the point of this?

From what I hear, its about a whole bunch of people living in a house, but what is the point or the objective they must get to?
Never saw this show by the way, if you haven't noticed...

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
They are in the house for quite a while having to do weekly tasks and its funny watching them get at each others throats, each week there are evictions and the public nominate 1 person to leave, the winner gets lots of money. I watch it because...summer holidays are long :rolleyes: :)

k3131n

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Oooo, so they are really just playing for some money...
And each week, the public calls and votes someone they don't like, but what would they do to make them leave? Like not completeing that weeks objective?

Mike

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
k3131n said:
but what would they do to make them leave? Like not completeing that weeks objective?
If the rest of the house hates them then they get choosen by the other housemates to be up for nomination, its just another way to cause arguments....which makes great TV lol