B27.44 Foxhole Warp

DaveStory

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
B27.44 "The capacity of a foxhole counter is per side" just seems bizarre to me. Can't fit two of my squads into a 1S foxhole, but can fit 1 axis squad and 1 allied squad. Had to be a reason this was inserted into the rules; does anybody have insight into the rationale (other than the obvious conspiracy theory that ASL was created to mess with our minds) :freak:

asler

Reaction score
B27.44 "The capacity of a foxhole counter is per side" just seems bizarre to me. Can't fit two of my squads into a 1S foxhole, but can fit 1 axis squad and 1 allied squad. Had to be a reason this was inserted into the rules; does anybody have insight into the rationale (other than the obvious conspiracy theory that ASL was created to mess with our minds) :freak:
It helps clarify CC/Melee when units of both sides are involved in close quarter combat. That way if the hex is fired into both sides can receive the foxhole modifier. Note though, that the enemy unit would have had to pay the extra MF to be considered in the foxhole. This might make a difference on whether they end up CX or not. I think it is simply a game mechanic and not intended to be supported by a 'reality' arguement.

CG

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Also note that Prisoners doesn't seem to take up place in an entrechment either.

Blackcloud6

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Think of it as more of the ability to tactically deploy in the foxholes as opposed to just be sitting in them.

As the POWs, having them stack up as a pyramid in a foxhole shouldn't take up too much room, eh?
:p