ATF Power Tool Kit Questions

John Osborne

Reaction score
Ivan Rapkinov said:
Kevin, I take it you're one those who think the US should have stuck with the M113, and upgraded the armour and fire systems?

here's a link to the 1st Tactical Studies Group (Airborne) that are obsessed frankly w/ the M113A3 "Gavin" as they call it after Gen. James M. Gavin - they're against the Stryker, and have a published a book on their concept of Air-Mech Strike.

http://www.geocities.com/equipmentshop/index.htm

if you can get past some of the M113 propaganda, they have some good points.

On a similar note - the ADFs new M113AS4s (with 12 road wheels instead of ten, fully enclosed turret, applique armour etc etc) are fully transportable by air, yet our ASLAVs aren't :D
Just so that everybody knows. I'm not a strong ADVOCATE of the Stryker vehicles. I just want to make a scenario using the Stryker vehicles. Personally I think that it is a waste of tax payers money :mad:

I too think that the M113 would be a better choice. I also think that even the MTVL would be a better choice. Here is a link to the MTVL

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101-vehmtvl.htm

---John

Deltapooh

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
John Osborne said:
Just so that everybody knows. I'm not a strong ADVOCATE of the Stryker vehicles. I just want to make a scenario using the Stryker vehicles. Personally I think that it is a waste of tax payers money :mad:

I too think that the M113 would be a better choice. I also think that even the MTVL would be a better choice. Here is a link to the MTVL

http://www.sfu.ca/casr/101-vehmtvl.htm

---John
The Stryker vehicles are in service. We should include them in ATF. If the vehicle is being used by the armies of the world, we should explore them. :D

I hope Stryker lives up official expectations. As we speak, hundreds of American troops are depending on them to help them complete their mission, which includes coming home alive and in one piece. It is tragic when the flaws of a system must be proven by some soldier dying.

kbluck

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The Stryker vehicles are in service.
Sort of. Most of the support variants are not yet fielded.

We should include them in ATF. If the vehicle is being used by the armies of the world, we should explore them.
Well, somebody's got to. The Army's leadership sure doesn't seem to be interested in doing it...

Sorry about the "editorial" comments. I just can't seem to help myself whenever the subject of Stryker comes up. I think the concept of Objective Force is outstanding, so it enrages me that the implementation of the concept is being taken over by pork-barrel budget politics, and as usual the soldier in the field gets the short end.

:hog: :mad:

Henceforth I'l try to maintain a 2:1 ratio of useful game-related commentary to opinionated ranting on this subject.

--- Kevin