ASL at ORIGINS 2004!!!!!! JOHN HILL will be there!!!

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The second year in a row of organized ASL play at Origins! Attend the U.S.'s largest gaming convention and play ASL at the same time! Can you unseat the reigning champion, Mike Faulkner?

Origins in in Columbus, Ohio, from Thursday, June 24 through Sunday, June 27. The ASL Tournament is Thursday and Friday. Depending on the number of entries, we will either have one two-day ASL tournament, or two smaller one-day tournaments!

Scenarios will feature old standards and never-before-seen debuts! (contact Mark Pitcavage for scenario list) Also, by mutual agreement, any two opponents can decide to play an Advanced Squad Leader Starter Kit scenario instead! The tournament is friendly to newbies as well as veterans!!!

In addition, there will be Open Gaming in the War Room for ASL and ASL Starter Kit all weekend long! Ever want to learn how to play ASL? Here's your opportunity. Experienced but friendly players will teach you!

You just can't miss this unique opportunity. Come to Central Ohio for a weekend of ASL fun!

For information on Origins 2004, go to the Origins website at http://www.originsgames.com/. You can also pre-register on-line there!

The event will start 9:00am on Thursday morning in the WAR ROOM. That's right--you need to find the WAR ROOM.

And guess what? From 10:00 am to 2:00 pm on Thursday, the creator of Squad Leader himself, John Hill, will be there!! Come and chat with the man who started the whole ball rolling!!!!

Need more info? E-mail me at mark.pitcavage@worldnet.att.net or call me at 614-488-9141.

Treadhead

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I can appreciate the importance of ASL at Origins, and the excitement it might generate...

But dude, really... six exclamation points?!? :p

Regards,
Bruce Bakken

Matt Boehland

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
Exclamation points

Actually, more interesting to me is that "ASL at Origins" gets six exclamation points, but John Hill only 3 :cry:

Must've been a typo.

Matt Boehland

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
ASL at Origins

Unfortunately don't think I can work the tournament into my timeslots. However, I'm interested in ASL open gaming in the War Room Wednesday 6pm if someone else is interested. (And possibly some other times as well)

-Matt

Matt Boehland

Reaction score
First name
Matt
Country
llUnited States
ASL at Origins

Now I just have to see if I can get down there in time for Wednesday evening, just found out I'm probably sharing a ride down there from someone else in the area and he may not leave early enough (coming all the way from Minnesota).. If not, Friday morning/afternoon is unbooked and I'd definately be interested then. . Thursday is the day I can't work in at all.

-Matt

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Well, I should be there all day Friday, administering the tournament and trying to get pickup games in.

Pitman

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Origins 2004 ASL Tournament Scenario List

All right, boys and girls. Here's the scenario list for the rapidly approaching Origins 2004 ASL Tournament! Grab your counters and your boards, dust off your loaded dice, and hop in your VW Minivan to drive to Columbus, Ohio, the Heart of It All!

Origins 2004 ASL Tournament.

Columbus, Ohio. June 24-June 25. Start time: 9:00am. Location: The War Room. Cost to Enter: Origins registration costs, plus War Room registration. See Origins 2004 website for more information.

1. The emphasis in Origins 2004 ASL is on scenarios released since last Origins (EXC: No scenarios were chosen from ASL-compatible products released within the past month).
2. Information provided below includes nationalities involved, scenario length, boards needed, overlays needed, special or exotic rules needed, and the most recent ROAR record.
3. Copies of scenarios will be made available at the tournament to players who do not have a copy of a particular scenario.
4. If players mutually agree, they may substitute an ASL Starter Kit scenario for any of the scenarios below. Copies of the ASL Starter Kit will be available for purchase at the MMP booth in the dealer’s room.

ROUND ONE: EAST FRONT

1. J59. Friday the 13th. East Front. German vs. Russian. 6 turns. Board 17. From ASL Journal 3. ROAR Russian 57, German 53.

2. DB035. A Hotly Contested Crossroads. East Front. 5 ½ turns. Board 46. Overlays Wd2, Wd1, O5. Germans vs. Russians. From Dispatches from the Bunker Newsletter. ROAR Russian 5, German 4.

3. HP15. Moldavian Massacre. East Front. Russians vs. Rumanians. Maps 11, 40. From Hero Pax 2 from Critical Hit. ROAR Romanian 3, Russian 4.

4. SP97. Twilight of the Reich. Germans vs. Russians. 4 ½ turns. Boards 44, 48. Overlays SD4, SD7. Low Dunes/Sand. From Schwerpunkt #9. ROAR Germans 7, Russians 10.

ROUND TWO: PTO

1. J76. Ultimate Treachery. PTO. French vs. Japanese. 4 ½ turns. Board 21. Overlay O2. From ASL Journal 4. ROAR Japanese 17, French 24.

2. CH167 The Warlord’s Estate. PTO. Chinese vs. Japanese. 6 ½ turns. Boards 3, 44. Air support. From Critical Hit Magazine Issue 7-1. Not on ROAR yet.

3. FE 34. Go Down Fighting. PTO. Japanese vs. US/Filipino. 5 ½ turns. Board 38. From Battlin’ Bastards of Bataan Scenario Pack from Fanatic Enterprises. ROAR Japanese 3, Filipino 0.

4. Buck 7. Up the Numa Numa Trail PTO. US/Fiji vs. Japanese. Six Turns. Boards 34, 36 From Buckeyes! Scenario pack from Heat of Battle. ROAR Japanese 4, US/Fiji 2. Tournament director will award a special $5 prize to any victor in this scenario.

ROUND THREE: WEST FRONT

1. J88. Escape to Wiltz. West Front. US vs. Germans. 7 turns. Boards 17, 39. From ASL Journal 5. ROAR Germans 14, US 7. NOTE: US Players Get the US Balance.

2. J62. Lee’s Charge. West Front. US. Vs. Germans. 5 ½ turns. Board 19. Overlay X9. OBA. From Journal 3. ROAR German 16, US 12.

3. J60. Bad Luck. West Front. US vs. Germans. 7 turns. Boards 18, 44. Overlay OG1, OW1. From ASL Journal 3. ROAR German 42, US 31.

4. OA13. Brief Breakfast. West Front. US vs. Germans. 6 turns. Boards 32, 10. From Out of the Attic 1. ROAR US 7, German 6.

ROUND FOUR: DEALER’S CHOICE

1. Scenario 105. Going to Church. West Front. British vs. Germans. 6 turns. Board 23. From For King and Country. ROAR (original version) British 88, German 116.

2. Scenario 108. Guards Attack. West Front. British vs. Germans. 8 turns. Boards 13, 17. From For King and Country. ROAR (original version) German 21, British 35.

3. CH166. Bicske Brawl. East Front. Germans (SS) vs. Russians. 5 ½ Turns. Map 36. From Critical Hit Magazine Issue 7-1. Not on ROAR yet.

4. DB035. A Hotly Contested Crossroads. East Front. Germans vs. Russians. 5 ½ turns. Board 46. Overlays Wd2, Wd1, O5. From Dispatches from the Bunker newsletter. ROAR Russian 5, German 4.