Ambush & Mopping up/Seach casualties? Mila 18

Anonymous

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Playing Mila 18 solitaire, and trying to use the rules concerning Ambush, and Search/mopping up casulties.

At the end of the German Mph I have a German HS in a street hex adjacent to a HIP ZOB squad in a stone bldg. If I move the German HS into the bldg in the Advance phase, can the ZOB attempt Ambushing it?
If so, the ZOB has to roll <3 less than the German, right?, with the following DRM's: the ZOB unit should get a -1 for being steathly, -2 for Concealed, and the German HS gets a +1 to his ambush roll for being Lax (per SSR)

Do I have the above it figured out right?

Now if I don't attempt to ambush the German HS, I can hope to cause search/mopping up casualties to the German HS if it searches it's next PF phase, right? and I should get a -1 for being steathly, and another -1 because I have a concealed squad > than one concealed HS, right?
So I should have a 50% chance (<1, -1,-1, ) of a casualty reduction--which in this case eliminates the HS, right?

of course, I could just blast the German HS with the squad having PBF, MOL, and a -2, but I don't want to reveal it's position this early in the game

Thanks for the help in advance!

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Washing Machine Charlie said:
Do I have the above it figured out right?
Yes
Washing Machine Charlie said:
Now if I don't attempt to ambush the German HS, I can hope to cause search/mopping up casualties to the German HS if it searches it's next PF phase, right? and I should get a -1 for being steathly, and another -1 because I have a concealed squad > than one concealed HS, right?
So I should have a 50% chance (<1, -1,-1, ) of a casualty reduction--which in this case eliminates the HS, right?
You do not have a choice about ambush. If the German adavances into your location you have to roll for an ambush during the CCPh. If the german instead is adjacent to you and in the next turn attempts to search your location, then you are correct in your 50% chance.