Advance to a hex with bypassing vehicle and units in building

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
The situation is following

I´m advancing to a hex with an stationary bypass AFV and units in the building.

I don´t want to attack the AFV, only the units in the building. So I decide to advance and I think don´t need to roll for NTC, -unless I finally decide to attack the vehicle, maybe rolling then-.

I´m not advancing to AFV location so NTC doesn´t apply. My base is that if I am in the building obstacle with an stationary bypass vehicle, I have to pass a NTC to attack, so I can think the building is a different location from the bypass OG. I understand my described advanced as an advance to the building, and then to the bypassing vehicle if wanted.

The building is a rowhouse hex and advancing from a contiguous one. I can advance without LOS from the vehicle vertice.

Surely I´m wholy wrong, but is not clear to me :argh: ,.. or maybe is too much late to play..:OHNO:

Thanks in advance. Miguel.

semenza

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The bypass vehicle is considered to be in the same Location. So the units advancing in must first pass the PAATC (A11.6). Wether or not they want to attack the vehicle they need to make the PAATC just to enter the Location. LOS to the vehicle doesn't matter.

Seth

mgmasl

Reaction score
First name
Miguel
Country
llSpain
The bypass vehicle is considered to be in the same Location. So the units advancing in must first pass the PAATC (A11.6). Wether or not they want to attack the vehicle they need to make the PAATC just to enter the Location. LOS to the vehicle doesn't matter.

Seth
Hello again

Then, if I have a unit in a location with an AFV -in bypass, or just moved in MovPh-. I don´t have to pass a PAATC in CC in order to attack?

cascheif

Reaction score
Then, if I have a unit in a location with an AFV -in bypass, or just moved in MovPh-. I don´t have to pass a PAATC in CC in order to attack?
Correct. You would not have to pass a PAATC in order to attack the AFV during the CC Phase.

Cliff