activated enemy unit and wall advantage

Simon62

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Hi,

when activating an enemy unit in a hex with a wall hex side what are the rules pertaining to wall advantage for that just generated enemy unit.

I assume if it is in an open ground hex it would automatically have wall advantage when activated but what if it was say a wooden building hex, a stone building hex etc - I can't find any guidelines as to whether the unit should be setup WA or not or a list of priority situations that determine if it should/should not be setup with WA - I have probably missed something

Simon

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I couldn't find anything either. I'd use my judgement when setting up. If the enemy unit could only be fired up across the wall, I'd set them up with WA if the in hex TEM was ≤ +2. A stone building is tougher and would depend on the situation.

Eagle4ty

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
As Scott has intimated, it's situationally dependent. I always give the ENEMY player the benefit of the doubt and a dr 1-3 if I can't really determine the best course of action. I've found it really doesn't matter in the long run as a FtF player would probably be faced with the same conundrum and their course of action would most likely be the same percentages given the same situation.