ACG Diplomacy, Game 2, Official Results and Press.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Palantir said:
This is great stuff guys!

I played Dip a lot back in the 70's & 80's even in a tournament once and still have my old Dip boardgame (non-AH).

Can you tell me what this one is- are you playing the boardgame or some sort of PC version? I see the "'76 AH" note on the map but is that a PC game or just a pict of the boardgame?

If this is just a boardgame version I might be able to sit in with some detailed explainations of how you do this PBEM. Assuming my cat stays off the board! :)
We are playing the standard game, we're just using a program you can get off the net' to Adjudicate the moves.

We've played one game already - and it resulted in a 4-way draw (to avoid further bloodshed). I volunteered to remain "sober" this time and GM this game.

Here's the thread for our first game:

http://war-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12764&highlight=diplomacy

Dr. S.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Wolf said:
This is something that ACG has definitely improved WHQ with - I have played several PBEM games on other sites and would love to be involved it the next one.
Well, right now we might be looking for a replacement (I'm awaiting a response from someone).

If either Palantir or yourself wanted to step in or be placed on the reserve list, we can do that.

If there's enough interest, we could even get another game going?

Dr. S.

Reaction score
Palantir said:
This is great stuff guys!

I played Dip a lot back in the 70's & 80's even in a tournament once and still have my old Dip boardgame (non-AH).

Can you tell me what this one is- are you playing the boardgame or some sort of PC version? I see the "'76 AH" note on the map but is that a PC game or just a pict of the boardgame?

If this is just a boardgame version I might be able to sit in with some detailed explainations of how you do this PBEM. Assuming my cat stays off the board! :)
We play pseudo-PBEM. Doc is GMing this game, ACG Dip 2. We send him moves and press, he adjusicates, and posts results on the ACG and 5thACG forums. The players use PM or email to communicate, and negotiate. And we continue the cycle.

We are not using the PC version. The GM use an adjudicating application, which generates a results map, and status lists, such as you see above in the thread. We have players who both own and do not own the boardgame. As long as you have the rules, and the GM supplies a status map, you're in.

If we get enough extra players and a GM together, we can get ACG Dip 3 going.

EDIT: Well Doc, looks like we are on the same track, but literally moments apart from posting.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
OK, I am officially looking for a replacement player to play as Turkey.

First one to post HERE in this thread confirming a definite acceptance gets the position.

Dr. S.

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
Doctor Sinister said:
OK, I am officially looking for a replacement player to play as Turkey.

First one to post HERE in this thread confirming a definite acceptance gets the position.

Dr. S.
As long as I don't have to remain sober when playing I'll join - I assume 1 week turns, anything less and the beer might interfere. My e-mail is r.nettleton@blueyonder.co.uk (sod the bot's I don't mind giving it out :D )

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Wolf said:
As long as I don't have to remain sober when playing I'll join - I assume 1 week turns, anything less and the beer might interfere. My e-mail is r.nettleton@blueyonder.co.uk (sod the bot's I don't mind giving it out :D )
We'll probably be doing turns every three days - if we can keep the pace going that is. But extensions are always available if needed.

Sobriety is not a pre-requisite. :D

Are you still in?

If so - welcome to the game!

The previous player for Turkey was "ol-wargamer" - you could either contact him and suss out his strategy to see if you want to pick up where he left off, or just start afresh, BUT Builds are due to me by Sunday at 20:00 GMT (at least you won't have to convert the times :D ) regardless.

Please submit your Build orders to me via the E-mail addy at the beginning of the thread. I was planning on having the turns for Spring 1902 due to me by Wednesday after the Builds, but if this does not give you enough time to negotiate with other players, let me know and we can extend.

Assuming you are definitely in and Palantir and Scuud are still interested, we'll place them on the reserve list with Gen_Electric.

Dr. S.

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hey,

Sure place me on the reserve list it's been forever since I played a game. I'll just watch for now & try and get in on the next one.

Although I don't know about matching a 1 turn every 3 days requirement, seems a high order to do & still get in any good diplomacy via email.

I do like the posting of the map per turn so non-players can keep up with what is going on.

Thanks!

Wolf

Reaction score
Country
ll
I'll come in as Turkey-can you get me the e-mails/names of the others either PM or e-mail. I'll try and get Turkey's builds off to you within 48 hours.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Palantir said:
Although I don't know about matching a 1 turn every 3 days requirement, seems a high order to do & still get in any good diplomacy via email.
Yeah, to be fair we only got that fast in the last game right at the end once the Alliances were solid and everybody had stopped talking to each other.

It's flexible anyway, if people start to tell me I'm not allowing enough time, I'll give some more.

Hope to see you in the next game.

Dr. S.

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Wolf said:
I'll come in as Turkey-can you get me the e-mails/names of the others either PM or e-mail. I'll try and get Turkey's builds off to you within 48 hours.
Most people have posted previously in this thread and all the names are listed right at the start.

Dr. S.

Reaction score
Wolf said:
Until Doc sends you names, you can get them from the map, upper left corner.

Welcome aboard,...neighbor.

Richa333

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Yo' Doc! Add me in to the "reserves/game 3" list if you will. It's been forever but I do love this game...Thanks!

tsar

Reaction score
Okay I’m late but happy birthday anyway. :banana: :drink: :drink: