A Question to DougRim

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Doug, this may have gotten lost in the weeds of my overlay problem...

...but I am wondering about whether or not 6.4.2b has done anything with overlays.
The LOS works fine, as near as I can tell, but the DW7b boards (as well as the other "b"-type boards) do not recognize overlays. The "a" boards allow overlay placement, but the "b" boards do not.

This has not been a problem so far, in that very few "double-wides" have use overlays at all, but now they are being used more. Just wondering.

Larry

BigAl737

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi Larry,

I can’t address you DW7b problem but I think the updated overlay extension will ease your overlay placement issues. I’ll release it just as soon as I get some feedback from my testers. I’ll shoot for a release on Monday. Really sorry you’re having these issues. Your VASL cabal wants to get you up and running. Thanks for your patience.

Once you’re up and going good, maybe we could get a game going.

Al

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
...but I am wondering about whether or not 6.4.2b has done anything with overlays.

Larry
There is not much in life that I am certain about but I am pretty darn sure that 6.4.2b is not the cause of your overlay problem. The code change was very minor.

In addition, a similar problem with board 6b was reported earlier this year (prior to 6.4.2b) and to the best of my knowledge has not been fixed. So there is something going on. Once Al gets his overlay extension out, I will do some debugging if the problem persists.

DougRim

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llCanada
Just took a quick look. You are right, Larry, that the Add Overlay method as part of board selection does NOT work on board 7b. However, Al's draggable extension does seem to work (although there is a minor offset issue as the overlays don't seem to align perfectly - which they do on board 7a). Problem exists in 6.4.1 and 6.4.2b.

Maxwelk1

Reaction score
First name
Lafajita
Country
llUnited States
Doug,
I Can confirm that the draggable DB (BFPDB1) draggable does work.
Al, thanks for your feedback. I will await your update, although perhaps I should look into reloading the overlay extension.
Thx again, guys

Larry