A.6 Line of Sight and DFF question

Leftenant

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I poured over the rules and missed this. It involves units moving into buildings.

Let's say you have a German unit 2 hexes north of a building and an American unit 1 hex south of the same building. It is the American's Movement Phase. They move into that building using non-assault movement.

Is LOS blocked for the Germans?

Can they DFF against the Americans as they enter that building?

Sorry. I know this rule is staring me in the face, but I can't see it. Perhaps it's male blindness ;).

nicotum

Reaction score
Country
llItaly
LOS is not blocked, because it is traced from the germans hex to the building hex.

Probably they won't be able to claim a snapshot due to LOS being blocked.

klasmalmstrom

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Sorry. I know this rule is staring me in the face, but I can't see it. Perhaps it's male blindness ;).
Normally only terrain in the hexes between the firer's hex and the target's hex block LOS - not terrain in those hexes.

Rule A6.1:
"If the thread does not cross a terrain depiction capable of obstructing the LOS between the target and firing hexes (with the obstruction visible on both sides of the thread) [EXC: Inherent Terrain hexes (B.6) block or hinder LOS if traced exactly along their hexside even though the terrain depiction is not visible on both sides of the thread], there is a clear LOS between the two hexes."

Leftenant

Recruit
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Normally only terrain in the hexes between the firer's hex and the target's hex block LOS - not terrain in those hexes.

Rule A6.1:
"If the thread does not cross a terrain depiction capable of obstructing the LOS between the target and firing hexes (with the obstruction visible on both sides of the thread) [EXC: Inherent Terrain hexes (B.6) block or hinder LOS if traced exactly along their hexside even though the terrain depiction is not visible on both sides of the thread], there is a clear LOS between the two hexes."
Thanks M8s. ASL is wonderful but sometimes you can read and read and read and read the rules again and miss the obvious. "...between the target and firing hexes" were the operative words.