#81 Liberating Bukovina

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Good luck with Indy Dave - I suspect that he'll come up with an elegant solution.

For the button where you can say whether the scenario is balanced or not it might be good for the archive to record the player rating of the person voting. Then, when you want to look at the results of the votes you can screen out the best or worst players as you wish. Or you can input your rating and see only the votes from other people with your rating.

It's a valid comment that people of different abilities can find the same scenario balanced or unbalanced and maybe something like that could help players?

Your call :)

Many thanks to you both for more great content 👍

Dave - I think you might have sharked Martin. For an AFV to end its movement in the same hex as an enemy AFV it has to have a to kill of greater or equal to five (D2.6). The CMG has a kill of 4?

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
Great review.
As exactly noted in the video the wagons are there to suggest the Russian the option to detach a mini force to interdict the exit to the Rumanians and yes, the Russian ACs could perhaps be more effective if they stay in the rear acting as a sort of "goalkeeper", I loved the image. Also I agree when they say that these scenarios could be played very differently each time ( and every time better ). The idea behid this project is that balance is subjective and thus any player could and should have his own opinion about the ideal bid and prove he's right on the field!

Tuomo

Keeper of the Funk
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
You heard it loud and clear, folks! "We DON'T want Tom to win this year!"

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Dave - I think you might have sharked Martin. For an AFV to end its movement in the same hex as an enemy AFV it has to have a to kill of greater or equal to five (D2.6). The CMG has a kill of 4?
Ooh - there's a rule I've re-remembered today - but don't I get the range TK modifier, and rear target facing (and presumably I can pick the hull vs the MG) so, I think my TK is 7.

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
but don't I get the range TK modifier, and rear target facing (and presumably I can pick the hull vs the MG) so, I think my TK is 7
Dave,

I am no rules guru - may I point you in the direction of Martin Vicca for that - hopefully what follows is correct though :)

D 2.6 states Original TK. The index states that "original" is a DR/dr prior to any applicable modification by DRM/dm of any kind".

So I think it works:
  • rear target facing is a modifier per C7.2 so you do not get that.
  • range effect - again C7.2 modifier so not applicable.
So the original TK is still a 4 with a CMG.

I think the facing you came in on is not applicable - you just have to be able to kill the enemy AFV on some target facing with an original TK of 5. But this thread says differently:

Feel free, and I would advise this, to get a second opinion................I'll email Jim and Martin and forward you their reply.

Last edited:

JoeArthur

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
get a second opinion
If anyone is reading this thread I got it wrong (there's a surprise :rolleyes:) and the thread (and Dave) is right:

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Still one more place available in this year's tourney if someone wants to swing for the king!

We have our 16 players ready to hunt Tom down...

Last edited:

Doug Leslie

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Re naming board features, it’s been a while since I studied French but I am pretty sure that it should be “Le Chateau” as opposed to “Le Chateaux”. The version with the “x” is plural, in which case it would be “Les Chateaux”. Martin did however get the gender correct since castles are obviously male. Finally, after many decades, five years of study have paid off!

Last edited:

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
gents, each time I see someone writes in this thread my heart almost explodes. I hope is a enthusiastic/positive (at least) comment about my scenario. Each time I risk a heart attack for nothing, please a little of respect for the heart of a old wannabe scenario designer and former tournament director! :p

daveramsey

Elder Member
Reaction score
First name
Dave
Country
llUnited Kingdom
gents, each time I see someone writes in this thread my heart almost explodes. I hope is a enthusiastic/positive (at least) comment about my scenario. Each time I risk a heart attack for nothing, please a little of respect for the heart of a old wannabe scenario designer and former tournament director! :p
Hey Enrico. I've now played 3 of the 16 and will definitely play more. If we lived in a world with 100 scenarios I could see these getting many plays over their lifetimes. Happy to have them in my collection, and look forward to the next one (we'll take recommendations, if you have them).

Reactions: ecz

ecz

Partisan Captain
Reaction score
Country
llItaly
thanks Dave, it's hard for me to decide who is the best son
However...
If you have time and want to play something meaty and firm I suggest ecz 6 Diurnal Assault or ecz 14 The Streets of Shangai.
If you want to play an original three players scenario where two sides are allied against one (but only one player wins) try ecz 5 The Good and the Bad in its three players variation.
If you want a tournament-sized scenario with a very peculiar situation which I'm sure you won't find in any of the other 8k scenarios, looks at ecz 4 Flash and Thunder.

As you have noted each scenario in this pack requires a little preliminary study to be properly played. The more you look at them carefully before playing, the more fun they will be