5th CWB Tourney Kickoff

rahamy

HPS Games Forum Moderator
Reaction score
Email sent to all...

This is the official kick off letter for the 5th CWB tourney at GameSquad. I came up with the name for this tourney, Stepping Stones, because the three scenarios selected are from battles in chronological order - 1st Bull Run, 2nd Bull Run & Antietam. The first 2 are 12 turn scenarios and the last is a 20 turn one.

I'm going to take the same approach as Mark did on the last one instead of my normal mirror matches. So I'll group you into groups of three and you'll each play the scenario from either side, just against a different person. I have enough participants for 8 groups of 3, so this should work well.

There is a time limit on rounds! I'm calculation 2 turns a week + 1 week of "fluff" time, so the first two round will last 7 weeks and the last 11 weeks.

Round 1 - January 19th - March 8th -- 011.1BR_MATTHEWS_HILL

Round 2 - March 9th - April 26th -- 030.2BR_GROVETONV7

Round 3 - April 27th - July 12th -- 045.ANT_SOUTH_SHARPSBURG

If everyone finishes early we will of course move on to the next round. With the small scenarios this should be ample time to complete each game.

Optional rules are up to the participants. Here's my suggested ones, but you do not have to use them:

http://www.hc-llc.net/games/images/optrules-acw.jpg

You do however have to play in single turns, not phases. Phases will take entirely too long to complete the games.

The tournament page is located here: http://forums.gamesquad.com/wfhq-ld-tourney-details.php?id=84 - scoring details and everything else you need can be found there.

krmiller_usa

Reaction score
Rich,

Looks like you goofed in the Tourney page line up, you show Alex playing the yanks in both his game against me and against Bob while Bob is playing the rebs against me also. I think you want to have Alex play the rebs to Bob's yanks to even things up.

rahamy

Reaction score
It doesn't really matter as long as they are reported as one or the other. The system isn't that intelligent.

If I get time I'll go back and redo it, but I had no intention of specifying which person played which side in any specific match.

CyberRanger

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Rich,

Looks like you goofed in the Tourney page line up, you show Alex playing the yanks in both his game against me and against Bob....
I cleaned this up some to help prevent confusion. You should NOT play the same side in both games. If you are still listed that way, please post here and I'll swap the sides. Battle on!

Lucas Kling

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
I've sent an email to both my opponents so hopefully our group will get started soon.

rahamy

Reaction score
The first reports are already rolling in...hope all the games are underway. If you are having problems please let me know!

Lord_Valentai

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I can't believe I finished one of my games second! I'm also amazed that I registered the result properly too! :p

rahamy

Reaction score
I can't believe I finished one of my games second! I'm also amazed that I registered the result properly too! :p
LOL! :laugh:

Hopefully it was enjoyable...and the next ones too. I generally prefer bigger ones, but in the interest of keeping things moving I went for the smaller ones...

rahamy

Reaction score
March 9th is the scheduled date, but if everyone finishes early we'll move on.

You do know you have two games to play in this round, right?

rahamy

Reaction score
That's great, less than 2 weeks and already 5 games completed...lets hope its the beginning of a trend!

Lucas Kling

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
Me and stewcrisp just finished our game. A well-fought draw. Thanks for the game, Stewart!

Compass Rose

Reaction score
I was wondering when you have a tourney, how do you determine what Optional Rules will be used by the players? Which ones are you using now?

Thanks