Search results

1. MajorDomo

Flooded Stream

A flooded, non-fordable stream cannot by entered by infantry, cavalry or vehicles? Seems right to me, correct or brain cramp? Thanks, Rich
  2. MajorDomo

Banzai question

This occurred in my latest VASL game. There was a Jpn 8-0/448 in a building with a motion AFV. Can the Jpn 8-0 lead the 448 on a banzai charge towards another targeted enemy unit. It can certainly leave the motion tank's hex, but banzai out? We played that it could declare a target and...
  3. MajorDomo

Japanese leader wound?

A 10-1 Jpn leader, ELR of 3, takes a 1 MC. Is there any difference if he rolls an 11 or a 12?
  4. MajorDomo

SP65 SSR4 question

Several of us played SP65 Ayo Gurkha. We had different interpretations of SSR#4. So if the heroic 9-2 fails a Morale Check, does he break as a leader or wound like a hero? What does the gestalt think? Thanks, Rich
  5. MajorDomo

AFV behind Bocage at setup question

German AFV sets up in Open Ground next to a Bocage hexside. It is concealed as all Ami enter from off board. Does the German AFV lose concealment if an Ami gains LOS through the Bocage hexside? Thanks, Rich
  6. MajorDomo

Motorcycles and side cars

May a motor cycle rider throw a smoke grenade? May a sidecar rider throw a smoke grenade? May an unarmored jeep throw a smoke grenade? My interpretation was no to all as they are all neither infantry nor an armed vehicle. Do you guys agree? Thanks, Rich
  7. MajorDomo

Ambush withdrawal question

A concealed 458 advances into a hex with two enemy 447s and ambushes them.. The 458 attacks one 447 in CC at 1-1 down one and eliminates it with a "3" CC roll. Can the victorius, concealed 458: A. Remain concealed and take the return 1-2 up one CC attack and if the return attack has no...
  8. MajorDomo

Japanese knee mortar

The Jpn knee mtr does not get air bursts at 1-2 hex range as it was pointed directly at target. If the Jpn mtr fires at an adjacent AFV. A. Is it still indirect ATT fire resolved on IFT chart. B. If it is not indirect ATT, the does mtr get point blank? C. If it is not indirect ATT, is it...
  9. MajorDomo

Ninth tanks question

BFP errata fo ninth tanks says: BFP 48: SBR line 2 Replace "Huts are wooden buildings with "Buildings are huts" There are several one hex buildings that are now huts. There is a two hex wooden building. I assume it is still a two hex wooden building. Agree? Rich
  10. MajorDomo

Steelworks pack question on Known Mines

The Steelworks SSRs which apply to all scenarios include this one. 11. KNOWN MINEFIELDS: For every 24 Known Minefield factors (B28.45) the German Players (sic) sets up, he receives one Dummy Minefield counter and makes a Secret dr (halved FRD), receiving an additional number of Dummy Mine...
  11. MajorDomo

AP mines on a paved narrow road

I have always played that only AT mines were allowed on paved roads and that they are not hidden. However, not so sure about narrow roads due to B28.1 and B31.14. A. Are AP mines allowed on Narrow paved streets? B. If allowed on Narrow paved streets, are they HIP or unconcealed? Thanks, Rich...
  12. MajorDomo

Finn Assault Fire

Playing a scenario, FT317 - Bridge To Oblivian set in 1943. The Axis squads are German 658 SS and Finn 548 squads. Because it is 1943, the 658s do not have Assault Fire. How about the Finn 548s? Looks to me like they have Assault Fire, which just seems strange to me. What does the gestalt...
  13. MajorDomo

Sighting TC question

Two concealed platoon moving AFVs are on Woods-Road hexes. Is the sighting TC (8 + 2 (woods) -1 (vehicular) -1 (motion) = 8? or does movement on a Woods-Road hex negate the +2 for woods and instead add a -2 for being in open ground road hex? Thanks, Rich
  14. MajorDomo

Hell's Corner Effluent question

Preparing to play HC1 - First Matanikau from Hell's Corner. My questions are: A. What does it cost the 458 to enter Effluent hex UU19? B. What does it cost the 558 to enter the fordable deep river hex SS20? 13.14 EFFLUENT: Any overlay whose ID is prefixed by "Ef" is an Effluent...
  15. MajorDomo

Manila gate LOS question

The American 666 is moving to 2N20, the Quezon gate. The 347 wishes to fire at the moving 666 in 2N20. The fire is not down the road, but enters, barely, the 2N20 gate within the dotted lines. A. Is this a valid shot? B. Is it a 2-2 shot as it is within the dotted lines? Thanks, Rich
  16. MajorDomo

M3A1 SC(a) - Soviet MG removal

The M3A1 SC (a) is in the SP259 Soviet OB. I am confused about the crew and 237 passenger MG removal. Specifically, if the MGs are removed as a dm Russian .50 cal and Russian MMG or as two Russian LMGs. Here is a passage from M3A1 SC (a) vehicle note 54 † Each armed M3A1 Scout Car(a)...
  17. MajorDomo

Manila LOS questions from our game

This building is on The Manila map as are others like it. My questions are: A. Is ZX49 a building hex? B. Can a level 1 squad in 2X48 see the ground level of 2W48? We though yes to A. above and no to B. Rich
  18. MajorDomo

Manila - did we do this correctly?

See the Attached picture from Manila. A. The concealed 347 in 4D67 assault moves to 4C66 through the cemetery gate. We played that the 347 lost concealment to the 666 as it was on a paved road. The 666 then fired upon the unconcealed 347 in 4D66 with a 2 down 1 shot as fire through the gate is...
  19. MajorDomo

Did we do this correctly?

A UN squad is Crested and facing a North Korean 81mm Mortar on a three level hill through the crest facing. The crested squad receives no TEM versus the Mortar's indirect fire. The squad in its movement phase wants to escape its predicament by dropping out of sight into the gully. I claim the...
  20. MajorDomo

Did we do this correctly?

See above picture. A. The Dukw moved to Y20, expending 1/2 MP in hex Y20 for a total of 13 of the Dukw's 27MP. B. The German 467/HMG, previously HIP, decloaks and takes a 20 flat shot. C. The shot is resolved on the IFT using the 20 column, *vehicle line (ten to immobilize) D. The roll is...