Search results

1. conscriptvlad

Pacific CGs without USMC

That's practically where I live! I just passed by it a few minutes ago in fact
  2. conscriptvlad

Good Pre-Reading for "Sword and Fire: Manila?"

Are there any books that deal with the Battle of Manila in a military studies approach similar to Glantz's writings on Stalingrad? As far as I know the mass market books found in Amazon, B&N , etc. on the Battle of Manila mainly deal with the terrible human experience. Its too bad that the...
  3. conscriptvlad

VASL Map Online Problem/Suggestion Form

On a side note, I love PFZs. I hope it gets used more in suitable scenarios for defenders.
  4. conscriptvlad

Chapter B Footnote 21. 36.1 Hidden PFZ allows for hidden PFZ. So I thought giving it HIP features in VASL might be useful
  5. conscriptvlad

I hope this is the place to make some suggestions to VASL. This is regarding the Prepared Fire Zones counters. Currently its available as an overlay. I would humbly suggest to make it into a standard counter with the following features. Flipable from open ground to vineyard and vice...
  6. conscriptvlad

ASLSK VASL Friendly League - Complete!

Hi Stephen, I usually play during weekday nights or weekend morning or afternoon my time. Any chance we can play during your afternoon 4pm / my night time 8pm during the weekdays?
  7. conscriptvlad

My timezone is at GMT +8
  8. conscriptvlad

jfardette, I have exchanged emails with Amanda and Kevin about getting a game in but unfortunately due to time zone differences and scheduling difficulties we haven't started with anything. I think its time I play someone else instead. Please assign me another player for this round.
  9. conscriptvlad

Thanks for that info! I'll get in touch with Kevin.
  10. conscriptvlad

Who is littabean and how can I contact him/her? Can't find his/her account in gamesquad. Is it possible to provide all the participants' email addresses? Thanks
  11. conscriptvlad

Littledoot and I (conscriptvlad) played S1 Retaking Vierville. I took the Germans while Littledoot took the US side. Result was my win as the Germans at Turn 5 with too many broken US squads and not enough time to mount a serious attack at the victory buildings. Ready to be matched up for...
  12. conscriptvlad

Just a quick update... Littledoot and I just started with our game (Scenario S1) only last Wednesday since she was previously away for 2 weeks. We are currently at the start of US Turn 2. Probably take 2 more VASL sessions at the pace we're going. Hopefully we will finish by 2nd week of August.
  13. conscriptvlad

That will come in handy! I would like to request for those VASL files. I will send you my email thru private message.
  14. conscriptvlad

Thanks. I sent her a message to arrange our game.
  15. conscriptvlad

Thanks for matching us up! How do I get in touch with Cassinator? I don't see her gamesquad account at all Vlad
  16. conscriptvlad

Hello, I'm interested to join the ASL SK VASL League. I have some years experience in playing ASLSK and ASL over VASL but in no way do I consider myself a great player :p. I live in Manila (GMT+8). I hope the timezone difference won't be too much trouble. Vlad
  17. conscriptvlad

What boardgames have you played recently?

Two weeks ago, I was able to play A Touch of Evil. Its a fun and light cooperative game with some roleplaying elements. Also played Beda Fomm over VASSAL. This is the reprint of the old GDW game by Consimpress. . We are still in the early game at end of Turn 3.
  18. conscriptvlad

What boardgames have you played recently?

Twilight Strugge is a light and fun game you can play even with non-gamers. I recently played this with my wife lasting 5 hours ending in a draw at the end of the game :nuts:! Afterwards, we had fun talking about the historical events behind the cards too. :D
  19. conscriptvlad

New members introduce yourself here

Thanks custardpie! VASL is a great tool indeed. I've used it a few times to play with guys here whenever we have limited time and with a guy (fogrob) from the US. I'm hoping to use it more this coming 2011.
  20. conscriptvlad

New members introduce yourself here

Thanks for the warm welcome! I'm definitely interested in that! I'll be using the time to get the new Rising Sun module and work on the PTO side of ASL.