Search results

1. MPHopcroft

Xbox Redux

Well, I have my hands on an Xbox Elite now. And I've seen that I'm just as bad at the games as I remember being.... Are there any forums specifically desgined to help Xbox game players get better? And what sort of skills does an Xboxer need to develop to beome, well, non-pathetic?
  2. MPHopcroft

XBL Gamertag

Newly Minted GamerTag: MPH1963
  3. MPHopcroft

Xbox Live: International Play?

On one of the various boards I frequent, I've received a strange semi-invitation to play in an online league. The strange part? The invite is from a gent in the United Kingdom, and I'm on the American west coast. Does Xbox Live work across international boundaries? Do different countries get...
  4. MPHopcroft

New Xbox 360 Console Bundle for 2009?

I can see Kung Fu Panda as filler (one of the cross-promotional movie games that I would not be surprised that the film studio had subsidized), but LEGO Indy was a very popular and well-received release IIRC. I don't know how good I would be at it, though. I couldn't sit through Temple of...
  5. MPHopcroft

How much RAM do you have?

My rig is definetly low-end by now. 2GB ram, 250GB hard disk, 512MB video RAM, and a Sempron 2800+ processor. My PC can't handle most new graphic-intensive games, which is why I'm planning to pick up a console.
  6. MPHopcroft

New Xbox 360 Console Bundle for 2009?

Now I'm curious. Given that you want to be reasonably family-friendly (no M ratings, and a T may be questionable), what two games would YOU want to see in a 360 bundle? Or would you prefer multiple bundles for different interests (like a sports bundle and an adventure bundle)? My sports bundle...
  7. MPHopcroft

Civ IV: Advice Desired

Well, I'm finally playing Civilization IV (too me long enough). So far I'm in the easiest settinggs for the most part, and I seem to be winning -- but only by time. In five or six complete games so far, I have never gone to war. In fact, the game hasn't let me go to war. And I keep running into...
  8. MPHopcroft

Trying to decide on a 360

Incidentally, is Layaway dead? Is it such a great risk that nobody, especially not any of the chains, is willing to take it on? I'm pretty sure I won't have a single paycheck that's enough to cover the console over the holidays, and I'll have to save up and combine three of them, all the while...
  9. MPHopcroft

You must admit, though, the name is great joke material. I tried that just today, playing a WWE wrestling game on the 360. I had no idea what I was doing or even which wrestler I was, so I have no idea if I won or lost. But I was mashing buttons like there was no tomorrow. Perhaps I was...
  10. MPHopcroft

I'm looking seriously at buying a 360 next month, but wondering if there are factors that would make me want the less expensive Wii instead. I'd like some advice on what I should look at. I've noticed the availability of the Xbox 360 Arcade, but am reluctant to buy anything 360 without a hard...