Search results

1. E

PBM Game - WotR

New Game Well Rhino and I decided to give it another go. We are switching sides and are playing the updated version with the optional rules. The optional rules are much more restrictive on movement and you must have a leader unit to do anything. This is probably more "realistic" and should...
  2. E

PBM Game - WotR

Turn 48 Gandalf, Frodo and remnants of the forces with them are destroyed and Sauron regains the RING. Fittingly Gandalf and then Frodo were the last units to die. Below is a summary of the losses suffered by Sauron: Eastern Men: Foot - 33 survived / 1272 lost Hv Foot - 0 survived /...
  3. E

Global Conflict 1988

Game Over Well we discussed the situation and the Warsaw Pact has surrendered, thank goodness for Ron Reagan and building up the US military! I have saves from the beginning of the turn and the end of the turn for all 15 turns. What do you want and I will email it to you. Unfortunately I...
  4. E

Global Conflict 1988

Turn 15 Well I have not had time to do a detailed AAR. But the NATO forces are moving forward considerably. Northern Theatre: The city of Murmansk has fallen to Nato forces and a fairly powerful force of US, French, Swedes, Norweigians, and Danish troops are building up in Northern...
  5. E

PBM Game - WotR

Turn 47 The End nears for the West. Minas Tirith: Sauron's army clamps down on the remnants of the Western army in the mountains north of Minas Tirith. The Western forces south of the city break out of the encirclement and link up with 4 cavalry units moving up from the Pelargir area. The...
  6. E

Global Conflict 1988

I think we are both relatively inexperienced players and right now his engineers are at the front trying to plug holes. I estimate I have destroyed in excess of 25 Soviet Divisions and perhaps another 10 or so Pact Divisions in Central Europe. I see alot of reinforcements coming up but he has...
  7. E

PBM Game - WotR

Turn 46 The End Nears? Minas Tirith: The Western Counter-Attacks were ineffective as an attempt to clear the forces from the road south of Minas Tirith failed. Saurons grip tightens around the Western forces as he surrounds a small Dwarvish force south of Minas Tirith. The Lord of the...
  8. E

Global Conflict 1988

I will post some screen shots. You are right the Warsaw Pact has many many divisions moving up and I am going to have to start reforming my line. I bombed some rail bridges early in the war and that has delayed some of these units moving up. The Israeli Army is still pretty much intact, but I...
  9. E

Global Conflict 1988

Turn 12 Dateline: Regensburg Kent Brockman reporting from NATO headquarters, we have a lot of report today there have been some very significant developments. Norway/Sweden/Finland: Norwegian, Swedish, Finnish and US forces continue to advance and have actually pushed...
  10. E

Global Conflict 1988

Well my opponent activated the Kurdish rebels in Turkey and lost the ability to activate Iraq or I am sure he would have. As the game stands right now there will probably be little going on in the Middle East because I will not be foolish enough to attack Iraq. Most Centcom forces are in Turkey...
  11. E

PBM Game - WotR

Turn 45 Mordor Campaign: The West counter-attacks and routes Nazgul #9 and forces the Uruk-Hai and Engineers to retreat from their fords north and south of Osgiliath. But in a weird series of circumstances the retreated Nazgul and Uruk-hai end up in the North ford and the hex between...
  12. E

Global Conflict 1988

It has been a very fun game. Getting mobilized and started was hard. I think we had to restart 3 times before we got it right :nuts: But things are chugging along fine now. I think my opponent is a bit dissappointed about how the Middle East is falling out. He thinks that if Israel came into...
  13. E

PBM Game - WotR

Turn 44 Sauron strikes back. Mordor Campaign: Attached is a picture of the disposition of forces on turn 43. Earlier recon on the previous two turns indicated that a strong Western force was gathering at Osgiliath. A decision was made to sacrifice Nazgul #9. He was dropped in the hex...
  14. E

Global Conflict 1988

This will be a little bit different. We started this game in Dec and are currently on turn 12. This is a very complicated scenario and took us a couple of tries just to get started and mobilized. I am just going to give a general run-down of the sitution and then attach a couple of "news"...
  15. E

PBM Game - WotR

Turn 43 Well again I apologize but there is not much going on right now. Both sides are maneuvering and I believe that soon we will have something more substantial to report. The Elves recapture Lothlorien but it was ungarrisoned so when it is time for Sauron to take it back, should not be a...
  16. E

PBM Game - WotR

Turn 42 Well I am going to depart from the normal format because there is literally nothing going on but some maneuvering. I would assume the next couple of turns will be both sides gathering their forces and accepting the limited replacements and supplies available at this point in the game...
  17. E

PBM Game - WotR

Turn 41 Not too much happening here. Dol Guldor: Gandalf the White shows his power as he enters Dol Guldor and destroys the garrison. Briefly thought about dropping some Nazgul on him, but I can only move 3. And 3 Nazgul could not take out Gandalf. Mordor: The West is really...
  18. E

PBM Game - WotR

Turn 40 Well things start to happend again. Mordor Campaign: The Western Armies in front of the Black Gate have withdrawn because of Gothmog's Army moving into the picture. Sauron is beginning to consolidate his forces for the final showdown. In front of the Minas Morgul some more...
  19. E

PBM Game - WotR

Turn 39 Well this was a pretty quiet turn. Mordor Campaign: Another series of attacks on the Black Gate, but inconclusive. The mobile forces outside of Durthang withdraw back and fortify the Durthang fortress. The Minas Morgul pass is holding well. During the playback I saw Gandalf the...
  20. E

PBM Game - WotR

Turn 38 This was a turn of rest and refit - not too much happened. Mordor Campaign: The West launched minor attacks at the Black Gate and Minas Morgul Pass. Should also note that the loss of Minas Morgul had a significant supply and reinforcement hit attached to it. Think carefully before...