Search results

1. H

I'm on limited duty for a while . . .

Hi guys, I just wanted to let you know I’ve got carpal tunnel in my wrist and hand, tendonitis in my elbow, and pulled muscles in my neck and back. While it sure hurts at times, on the plus side it wasn’t bad enough for the doctor to give me any shots or prescription medications. On the...
  2. H

POA2 2.02beta full version available

Hi guys, I just released a new beta version. We’re still working on a few things left over from the last round (incl. sensors and a few reports that came in this past week). But this fixes most of the things reported so far. The update is on the public POA support page...
  3. H

New Beta 2.02/3 (60) Patch - Issues?

I wanted to let you know that the current rev of 2.02 seems to be settling down. We have a couple more things to look at, and assuming nothing major comes up in the interim, once we get those things nailed down I’ll release the beta for the general public. I had wanted to do it last week, but...
  4. H

New Beta 2.02/3 (60) Patch - Issues?

This release is for playtesters only. We’ve made a lot of significant changes over the past couple of weeks, and I want to make sure we didn’t really screw something up royally before I release the beta to the public. If everything generally checks out, I’ll release it publicly in about a...
  5. H

v2.02 beta

Hi guys, OK, I put the corrected file up on the site. If you D/L’ed the bad file, you’ll need to get the new one. However if you don’t want to D/L the entire packet again (3.5 MB), let me know and I can email you the POA2.EXE file zipped up by itself (about 1.5 MB). Thanks! -Scott
  6. H

v2.02 beta

Hi guys, We just found diagnostic routine we left in that ends the game if the turn is >7. I’m fixing it now, and should have the corrected version of the patch up shortly (I’ll let you know). Sorry for the confusion... -Scott
  7. H

v2.02 beta

Hi guys, I know I’ve been quiet lately, but as you can imagine that’s because Jeff and I have been working constantly on POA-2. We’ve taken care of an awful lot of stuff, thanks to your comments and input, and I think you’re really going to like than changes. There are a couple of additional...
  8. H

Possible to import/export OOBs....?

You can import portions of other POA-2 TO&E’s into your own TO&E, for example to add some British formations done by Gary and some Israeli’s done by Andrew. But you can’t import something into the POA-2 TO&E structure from another wargame. As for “reusing” parts of specific scenarios (i.e...
  9. H

Orders

To keep the FOW completely intact, you should only give orders to the units directly under the TF HQ (and use formation movement). You should also never give DF targeting orders, but instead rely on the AI and SOP’s. I know this can get confusing, and players can click on things in error, so...
  10. H

POA-II has finally hit my doorstep -- problem with air strikes

This is one of the things I want to look at in version 2.02, and at the very least add more detail as to why the strike is not occurring. In the past I’ve looked at CAS a number of times and the reasons for making another pass were all valid, but I may have tweaked something in 2.01 that ended...
  11. H

Scenario 2 - Any Winners?

The VP thing sounds like something I (thought I) fixed in 2.01. However, if it’s still there, it’s definitely a glitch of some kind. If you still have the file, forward it to me so I can check it out? I haven’t had a chance to specifically test helicopters under 2.01 yet, although I know...
  12. H

POA2 - Next Patch time frame?

To give you and update on the patch, Jeff is almost done with the new composite units (I think folks will be really happy with them), I’m almost done with the new scenario creation routine (I know folks will be really happy with it), and Sturm just finished the Chinese and is working on the...
  13. H

Updated Map Graphics all Grey????

I’d only have one suggestion for future maps - and that is to place some kind of blank cosmetic symbol as your primary terrain over the entire map. That way someone who has “elevation shading” turned off won’t get a gray map at first (because your primary terrain isn’t showing). The program...
  14. H

POA2 - Next Patch time frame?

Well, I’m hoping to have the 2.02 beta out this week. Although, I’ve managed to find and fix a few bugs, so far Jeff and I have been pretty much completely occupied adding the new composite unit scheme, and also the new flexible scenario creation procedure. Sturm has updated the databases...
  15. H

POA2: Technical map questions

The status dots are currently placed 10 pixels from the bottom of the symbol, and at 7, 19, and 30 pixels in from the left hand side. Each “dot” is 6 x 6 pixels. The HQ “flag” is drawn 4 pixels in from the left, and 3 from the top, and measures 4 x 8 (w x h). The size indicators are drawn...
  16. H

What is the POA2 team currently working on?

To catch you up to date I’ve been on kinda light duty lately. I burned the fingers on my left hand over the weekend (picking up a hot pot lid), so typing is kind of a chore, and if I go for too long the blisters really start to hurt and throb. However, I’ve been working on POA-2 when I can...
  17. H

POA2: Shifting the TEC

There is no way “built in” to the code to shift entries in the TEC link file. So, unfortunately, if you shift the order of the symbols/lines you’re going to need to edit the existing link table, or depending on how different the sets are, create it from scratch. It shouldn’t be that bad...
  18. H

Noticed a change on the HPS website

There’s nothing sinister going on - we just ran out of stock (we have about 5 copies left as of Monday). However, the next batch will be 2.01. That’s why we’re saying it will be a month or so. I didn’t want to print the release rev again when 2.01 is so close and so much better. Right now...
  19. H

I sent you a new file, this should fix it. I was clearing the map file name so people wouldn't screw themselves... which is something I just added recently. The problem is that for some reason I wasn't letting them pick a new one. Now after changing the set, it goes through the "Save As"...
  20. H

You’re right.... it doesn’t save. I have no idea why - I’ve used that feature plenty of times, but there it is. I checked, and “Save As” works, however, so go ahead and use that until I can figure out what is going on. I’ll check your TEC stuff in a little while.