A4.132 and B3.4---buildings and road bonus

EJ1

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Hi, all.

Two questions about entering buildings/factories using road bonus.

A4.132 Ex. 2: “Similarly, Infantry could use the road in 5I10 to enter the building in I9 at a cost of one MF.”
B3.4 “Infantry . . . which cross only road hexsides [my emphasis] throughout their MPh are entitled to one extra MF.”

Question 1. In the second example of A4.132 (pictured below), may the infantry unit use its road bonus to enter building 5I9? For my question, I say the 447 only crossed road hexsides before reaching the building’s front door.

Question 2. Extending Q1 to factories, may an infantry unit moving along the road in 51U4 use its road bonus to enter factory 51U3 (pictured below)?

B23.742 “[EXC: Any vehicle may enter/exit a Factory Location containing a printed stairwell symbol or across a road hexside at Open Ground costs]. . . . Any unit may use the Open Ground entrance benefits of a Vehicular-Sized-Entrance—but only when entering it from outside that Factory . . .”

I’m thinking that if a squad can crash through the front door of some Polish farmhouse for one MF, they should be able to enter a vehicle-sized factory entrance similarly . . . perhaps with greater ease.

Cheers,

Philippe D.

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llFrance
Agreed. The rule about Road Bonus only mentions crossing Road hexsides; there is plenty of room to specify restrictions if needed ("crossing Road hexsides to enter road hexes and/or road-something hexes", except you'd have to specify a list of "something"s).