Thank you to Mario "sgt. Essig" Aceto for the amazing dice tower.

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
They are the best mm but I still like my own Aluminium one and my Holy Grail the very last silent Dicetower made from rare woods by Steve Pleva !!!!
I have a tower that Steve made for me 20+ years ago, it is Mahagony Wood with red foam to deaden the sound, I can roll at midnight and not bother anyone. Combined with my Battle School Dice, I have the best of all worlds in rolling dice, no matter what game I'm playing. Whether standard 6 sided or 10 or 20 sided digital dice, they all fit fine and lay in the field where I can see them 99 out of a 100 rolls, with an occasional leaner or hop out of the field possible. Great job by Steve, I'm sure anyone who bought one from him feels the same way. Now if I can just roll low when I need to...

Old Noob

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'll stick with my Chessex 'Diceboot'. Very light and is easy to assemble/disassemble.

Paul John

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Nice as these are, there is nothing sweeter than the sound of dozens of pairs of dice, each bouncing in a glass!

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
I'll stick with my Chessex 'Diceboot'. Very light and is easy to assemble/disassemble.
Actually, those (Chessex) towers rock. Any dice-tower you can dismantle and store in a page protector got to be the best. If I want fancy, I'll use the cheaper yet C4 Labs tower. I've had the Dice Boot a LONG time. The C4 labs one (right), I doubt will last more than a few years.

Both travel great, there's no portage cost to them.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Actually, those (Chessex) towers rock. Any dice-tower you can dismantle and store in a page protector got to be the best. If I want fancy, I'll use the cheaper yet C4 Labs tower. I've had the Dice Boot a LONG time. The C4 labs one (right), I doubt will last more than a few years.

Both travel great, there's no portage cost to them.
View attachment 28170
Drawback of these is, though, that the dice will clatter through as the towers aren't padded.

This could distract your opponent from the tank-noises you make while moving your AFV. ;)

von Marwitz

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
Padded dice tower?!?!

Heer Von Marwitz, the clanging dice are the AFV sound effects, as well as machine guns, and boots marching.

von Marwitz

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUkraine
Padded dice tower?!?!
If you have a look at the pictures in this thread, you will note that the dicetowers are either lined with sheets of foam or felt.

Noises of AFV, machine guns and the like, however, are traditionally mimicked by vocalizations of the players in an ASL environment - not by secondary sound emissions of dice towers. 🧐

von Marwitz

Vic Provost

Forum Guru
Reaction score
First name
Vic
Country
llUnited States
Nice as these are, there is nothing sweeter than the sound of dozens of pairs of dice, each bouncing in a glass!
Not if you are dice tower guy like me. Quiet at night make for easy play the majority of weeks, If I used a glass, they would throw me out! Tinkly glass in a tourney is OK, I'd rather use the dice tower any day.

Blaze

Final Fired
Reaction score
First name
Brian
Country
llUnited States
Not if you are dice tower guy like me. Quiet at night make for easy play the majority of weeks, If I used a glass, they would throw me out! Tinkly glass in a tourney is OK, I'd rather use the dice tower any day.
Who is "They"?

Not in my house I'm the King here. Just don't tell my wife she might throw me out...

Alan Hume

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Mario makes lovely dice towers I must agree, I'm very happy with mine
Steve Pleva's do look very special though