Leader(s) Creation

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
A18.12 CCPh: Anytime a MMC attacking in CC rolls an Original 2 DR, the player makes an immediate dr on the Leader Creation Table. If this results in the creation of a leader, that leader must add his leadership to the Original 2 CC DR that created him (even if the modifier is a +1), and possibly changing its odds due to his one Inherent FP. Unless one or both sides Withdraw due to Infiltration (11.22), both attacks are re-figured using both of the originally-rolled Original DRs and the new leader's FP/Leadership just as if he had been there all along.

So, if 2 MMC make a single CC attack and roll a 2, do they make a Leader Creation dr for each of the MMC participating in the attack? Or there is a single dr per attack?

turlusiflu

Reaction score
Country
llSweden
According to an old Q&A only one leader can be created and it is based on the highest BPV MMC.
True, I have found it, thank you

A18.12 If several MMC in CC roll a natural 2, I
understand field promotion goes by random
selection of the units for the drm and the MMC is
the new leader attached, but, ¨what if a tie? ¨Are
several SMC created? ¨Must you roll again? ¨do
you chose?
A. Only one leader is created, based on the MMC
with the highest BPV (A18.2). [Compil9]

EagleIV

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Actually it is also spelled out in A18.2 although A18.2 says to use RS and in this case ties are not allowed since that would mean 2 (or more) dr/leaders created.

ScottRomanowski

Forum Guru
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
The RS in A18.2 refers to which MMC the leader defends with, in case of highest BPV ties. I asked about that RS and got this answer, which is in Klas's compilation:

"A18.2
A18.2 says to use Random Selection to determine which MMC a newly-created leader defends with. If the RS results in a tie, the
SMC cannot defend with more than one MMC. Does the player get to choose, or should “use Random Selection” instead be
“determine randomly”?
A. “Randomly determine” would be better."

PresterJohn

Reaction score
Country
llAustralia
I agree. Random Selection A.9 has a specific meaning and that can't be applied to 18.12 so "Random dr" would be appropriate.

Waiter - Erratum on Table 3.