Recent content by Thunderchief

1. Thunderchief

Sources for historical maps

This is a good one too, with an example of search results for Caen (Normandy) https://ncap.org.uk/search?keywords=caen
  2. Thunderchief

Victory Conditions: What's Your Flavor?

After many years of playing (rarely to a high standard) I like "achieve X without losing Y CVP" - all expressed as what one side must do to win. If that thing is not done then the other side wins. This won't fit all designs, but it will fit many.
  3. Thunderchief

Military history book sources

I was on social media until about a year ago and used to get a lot of recommendations there... I also remember the old book club days where you'd get 4 very cheap books on joining then you just had to buy one a month afterwards or something along those lines.
  4. Thunderchief

Either/Or Game

Bugs Annual or Journal scenarios?
  5. Thunderchief

Yes I agree, but not the cheapest either...
  6. Thunderchief

My problem is, much like my attitude to ASL, that my process is "what do you have to sell to me" rather than, "I am looking for a book on x" then I look through as much as I can and decide what interests me. Kind of like the person who goes to a supermarket and walks up and down every aisle...
  7. Thunderchief

Yes LH is well known, but I was looking for more of a one-stop-shop like NMP, I have one of Jason's books and agree on the quality.
  8. Thunderchief

Since the day that Amazon absorbed Bok Depository I have found it hard to find a good source for WW2 history books. Brick and mortar shops don't have much of a range these days (in Australia at least). I do buy from Naval and Military History...
  9. Thunderchief

Doomed Battalions (4th Ed) Preorder from MMP

4th Edition - and no CG that might justify (even a little bit) having 4 copies of the same OB? Maybe that will be in the 5th edition?
  10. Thunderchief

Talk on Kohima

Must be a re-hash. I went to that lecture at the NAM in London (and walked all the way back to my accom in Waterloo) which was co-presented by James Holland when he released his Burma book in 2019 (?)
  11. Thunderchief

What is the CA of a recovered or repaired gun?

Typical! - thanks.
  12. Thunderchief

What is the CA of a recovered or repaired gun?

I have some recollection of a unit being able to change the CA of a gun when it recovers it - is that correct? What about when it is repaired? Does the unit get a "free" change?
  13. Thunderchief

Location of small arms fire against unarmored aspects

One of the reasons I love this game - I've been playing for 30+ years and yet again "I haven't had this happen before"....
  14. Thunderchief

J190 Setup question

I have a question about J190 - can the Germans set up real units concealed (by the setup rule and SSR) and then use all the ? as dummies? I am thinking that since the SSR says units in concealment terrain can be concealed means they get it for "free" without having to use OB-given ?, or does the...