Recent content by Thunderchief

1. Thunderchief

BRT CG III AAR

At the moment, it seems that the initial scenario CVP will end up around 500 US CVP and 200 IJA CVP. I'll be posting again in a few days...
  2. Thunderchief

Latest MMP release

That's been mentioned a few times over the past 15+ years...
  3. Thunderchief

BRT CG III AAR

We keep them offmap - this is what it looks like....
  4. Thunderchief

Pegasus Bridge

There are better books about Pegasus Bridge than the one written by Ambrose. Check out the Battleground Europe books for a start. https://www.pen-and-sword.co.uk/Battleground-Books-WWII/s/27
  5. Thunderchief

BRT CG III AAR

BRT CGIII continued.... We're still playing the first CG date: IJA T4 - No IJA reinforcements rolled – good! However, RB1 was a total massacre, lots more wounded leaders, lots of death-by-HS and a Stuart from the beach goes down with the crew. IJA had a few guns break, but hardly compensation...
  6. Thunderchief

BRT LVT question

That's what we've been doing, prep fire with the potential for running away to fight another day. So far only a couple have made it off the map to return in the second scenario.
  7. Thunderchief

BRT LVT question

BRT SSR 11 talks about a LVT not being automatically recalled due to it having no passengers. It also says a LVT (without passengers) in non-ocean hexes being recalled if they fail a crew NTC, which is taken at the start of the MPh. So...if that LVT on a beach hex prep fires, does it still...
  8. Thunderchief

BRT CG III AAR

Slaughter in the Water update.... We're now at the end of US T4, and the average for a PLAYER TURN is 3 hours. We're not slow players and don;t spend eons pondering infinite possibilities, so if you're a slow player be warned if you are thinking of taking this monster on. The IJA became mobile...
  9. Thunderchief

BRT CG III AAR

The IJA has relied upon ROF rather than firelanes, and has not suffered for it - check the CVPs! Update to follow tomorrow.
  10. Thunderchief

BRT CG III AAR

The Slaughter in the Water continued last night. 3 hrs 45 minutes got us through US player T3. If you're going to play this CG - be prepared to invest a lot of time. To date, not including setup, we have played a total of 11 hours and 45 minutes to get through 2 1/2 game turns. We've made some...
  11. Thunderchief

Overrun question and ROF

http://www.klasm.com/ASL/ErrataQA/ErrataQA.html
  12. Thunderchief

Overrun question and ROF

I checked the PerrySez 2020 compilation at the time searching for 'overrun' but didn't see anything that related to the situation. I just searched for ROF and found an answer on p84 of 125, which uses OVR in the question rather than overrun.
  13. Thunderchief

Modern Classic Scenarios.

I don't often 'get it right' first time playing a scenario, so I'm usually more than happy to play something again as the same side, and probably even as the opposing side. The most I have played a single scenario is 4 times to date (and there are 4 of them so far), but that's spread over quite...
  14. Thunderchief

Overrun question and ROF

In this case the only weapon was a CMG which was the MA, so no Bounding fire marker would be placed due to other weapons being used.
  15. Thunderchief

Overrun question and ROF

A vehicle conducts an overrun and rolls 1,1. It has a MG MA ROF of 1. It leaves the hex where the attack took place, then moves adjacent to another enemy unit and stops, it does not have enough MPs to overrun the hex. Can the vehicle make a bounding fire attack vs this other enemy unit using the...