Recent content by Tater

1. Tater

Moving Crews in Hatten

No, functionally abandonment only occurs during the MPh and requires all MF. Swapping crews/AL during the Refit is not abandonment. The restriction on abandonment for CG/scenarios is to prevent players from using cheap assets (i.e., halftracks) to run behind enemy lines and grabbing strategic...
  2. Tater

Lock your rooms!

And if I said oxygen was good for you I wouldn’t be surprised if you held your breath till you died. 🤪🤣
  3. Tater

Lock your rooms!

I’ve been to a few...the environment is nothing even remotely like VASL. In particular, no one at a live tourney can walk up, f#%k with your game, and remain totally anonymous. IOW, your analogy of VASL and tourneys is preposterous...nothing at all alike other than playing ASL. More like an...
  4. Tater

Moving Crews in Hatten

Abandonment can only occur during a scenario. Swapping crews during a Refit phase is not technically abandonment.
  5. Tater

Lock your rooms!

Hey, you want to barge into the VASL rooms of complete strangers and sync without a “by your leave” have at it...it would be between you and them. To me, your attitude represents another very good reason to lock the room as SOP.
  6. Tater

Lock your rooms!

Well, everybody is “in the room” at a physical venue...so that analogy is not even close to what happens on VASL. The expectations are completely different.
  7. Tater

Moving Crews in Hatten

In general...maybe...but is an AFV platoon/section leader going to remain unhorsed while his unit rides into combat? I don’t think so! By the same token, are you going to leave a more experienced crew afoot while a newbi crew drives in to battle? Probably not? Overall point being that, I don’t...
  8. Tater

Moving Crews in Hatten

...a CG is little more than a conglomeration of HR developed for a specific, historical engagement...so, yeah, OK...
  9. Tater

Lock your rooms!

Hmmm...I could certainly understand this if you already know at least some of the people in the room. But, if everyone is a total stranger I would think it best to ask first. I mean, if you were walking up to a strangers house, the expectation would be one should knock first...even if the front...
  10. Tater

Lock your rooms!

Yeah...and you should be shot! 🔫 To be honest, I ALWAYS lock my room. If someone wants to join they have to message me or someone else in the room.
  11. Tater

Moving Crews in Hatten

It's a campaign game (CG)...the answer from Perry is nonsensical for a CG...I would never have even considered asking the question. I have always assumed and will continue to play that vehicle crews (Armor leader or no) can swap vehicles during the ReFit of any CG.
  12. Tater

Lock your rooms!

As an aside...do you ask permission before joining a room? It is normal VASL etiquette to ask permission (private message) one of the players if you can sync.
  13. Tater

Dummies and their lies

"what if"...yawn...
  14. Tater

Dummies and their lies

My experience is that, the more you move dummies, the more they look like dummies. IOW, it's a "tell" in that players invariable move "real" units in a sensible methodology while it is less so with dummies. So, sure, run that stack of '?' behind my lines...does that move make sense vs the VC...
  15. Tater

New RB & RO Maps...when we gonna get them? Crack the whip on them map elves!!! :-)

Ditto from me in ever way, shape and form...Big Al is the Noldor of map elves.