Recent content by Sheik Yerbouti

1. S

Götterdämmerung in Osten v1.8 (AAR 2) Dicke Bertha vs Xandamere

You let the Soviets to Joensuu! :mad: Just kidding. That's very well done considering that Finnish troops suffer from shocks appropriate for the German front. It seems your allocation of resources was quite optimal.
  2. S

Götterdämmerung in Osten v1.8 (AAR 2) Dicke Bertha vs Xandamere

I wonder if anybody has managed to get these historical end results on the Finnish front?
  3. S

A Finnish map - Siiranmäki

Trigger, expect some mail soon. :)
  4. S

So you're the trigger happy newbie killer at this place? :laugh: I'll get back to you later. :devil:
  5. S

In fact one shouldn't even compare CS to CM, I just wanted to make the point about the scale clear. I have made Siiranmäki-scenarios for both Steel Panthers and Combat Mission, but the scale in both was simply too small for an adequate presentation of the battle.
  6. S

Hi there Jackie Chan -lookalike! Yes, this is my new venture since I've owned this classic game only for a couple of weeks now. I really like the scale compared to the sand box battles of Combat Mission...You know any excellent scenarios for PBEM? ;)
  7. S

Thank you! It wasn't as perfect as I would have liked. After rechecking the map I had to make a couple of elevation adjustments near Eskolanmäki and Tiemäki. Updated version attached. Finns had a moderately well prerared defensive line between Siiranmäki and Palomäki, Soviet 97th Rifle...
  8. S

I made a 10km x 10km map of Siiranmäki for EFII (v.1.03), a scenery of heavy fighting between Finnish and Soviet forces 13-15 June 1944. The map was made out of 1:20,000 topographical maps (printed in 1937), and so should present the area in its pre-war condition as accurately as possible.
  9. S

A couple of thoughts on France

Well, I was just being pedantic here. I wanted to point out that 60,000 men were not, in all propablity, the combat strength of the 6 divisions. These mix-ups are quite common in military literature, when it is not specifially mentioned if a given number presents 'ration strength', 'actual...
  10. S

That's true. I'd like to point out that since German divisions were in general designed to be more self-sufficient than the allied ones, and therefore had more non-combat personnel, their 'emergency reserves' were greater (and applied them more because of more dire straits situations during the...
  11. S

Funnily enough 60,000 men could actually present the combat strength of 200,000 men....which would mean that French had actually 12 divisions on their Alps. :D
  12. S

Obviously, but I don't believe that there was that much more men, or combat strength, in mountain and fortress divisions...
  13. S

It is an common error to assume that every man in the ration strength presents combat strength. For a full stregth division, the actual combat strength is usually one third of the ration strength. When a division suffers casualties (and gets no imminent replacements) this portion shrinks...
  14. S

It seems to be the ration strength, thank you. Now the actual combat strength would be around 5,500 men per division. If we measure the combat strength for 6 similar divisions, we would have about 33,000 men in the first line defending against Italians...Something ain't right here.