A Finnish map - Siiranmäki

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
I made a 10km x 10km map of Siiranmäki for EFII (v.1.03), a scenery of heavy fighting between Finnish and Soviet forces 13-15 June 1944. The map was made out of 1:20,000 topographical maps (printed in 1937), and so should present the area in its pre-war condition as accurately as possible.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Thank you!

It wasn't as perfect as I would have liked. After rechecking the map I had to make a couple of elevation adjustments near Eskolanmäki and Tiemäki. Updated version attached.

Finns had a moderately well prerared defensive line between Siiranmäki and Palomäki, Soviet 97th Rifle Corps arrived from the south, but didn't manage to make a breakthrough during the three days of battle against Battle Group Ehrnrooth (based on Infantry Regiment 7).

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
hey, Sheik, I was just thinking about you, wondering where you have been these days, my old buddy... and you just show up here! :) In a design session of CS :) ... Is thsi your new venture? (as I do not recall you played CS?)

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
Hi there Jackie Chan -lookalike! Yes, this is my new venture since I've owned this classic game only for a couple of weeks now. I really like the scale compared to the sand box battles of Combat Mission...You know any excellent scenarios for PBEM? ;)

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
hmm... I think most of the EFII scenarios with complexity more than 4 are pretty good in my memory (though I did not play for a long time now). It is quite different from CM games, well, though I would say it is a bit ... older in engine (.... I know Jason does not like that ... but that is just my personal feeling.).
Besides, Jason has a whole lot of decent scenarios designed as well! :thumup:

Reaction score
Country
llFinland
In fact one shouldn't even compare CS to CM, I just wanted to make the point about the scale clear. I have made Siiranmäki-scenarios for both Steel Panthers and Combat Mission, but the scale in both was simply too small for an adequate presentation of the battle.

ER_Chaser

Reaction score
Country
llChina
yep. That is also the way jason put it: apples to oranges.

My point was actually only on two things: combat prob. table vs. projectile calculation (which is not the big deal, since after all, you rely on one or the other random number generator.)
And classic turn base(i go you go) vs. WEGO system. This is the one that makes the difference.

Trigger Happy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
Sheik Yerbouti said:
Hi there Jackie Chan -lookalike! Yes, this is my new venture since I've owned this classic game only for a couple of weeks now. I really like the scale compared to the sand box battles of Combat Mission...You know any excellent scenarios for PBEM? ;)
http://www.theblitz.org/scenarios/index.php
browse by entertainment or entertainment
Once you find a scenario, choose sides and send email to
guiga _@_ videotron _._ ca

I have my suggestion though of a pbem scenario i've never played:
http://www.theblitz.org/scenarios/show_full_scenarios.php?scen=1203&game=5&ladder=2

Btw, good job on the map.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
llFinland

Trigger Happy

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
I'm not much more than a newbie myself. I've had 6 pbem matches with EF2, lost most of them.

...Just wanted to reassure you.. before 9 hours of silence. yep, night shift, :mad: ! at least we'll have the same schedule... :dead:

*what I wanted to write in the last post was browse by entertainment or by balance..