Recent content by pzkfw5g

1. P

Fake Minefields

Perhaps. Hey, I never said, nor meant to suggest that I play anything like that, only that I got the impression that this was the prevailing attitude here. Maybe I was wrong, I've been wrong before and it will probably happen again. You guys seem pretty hostile, I think this will be my last...
  2. P

Fake Minefields

The underlying theme in all of my suggestions is to make the game more compatible with reality since that is what attracted me to SL in 1977 in the first place - it was much more realistic than Panzer Blitz (not to knock PB which is a great game). If you are cool with your StugIIIG driving down...
  3. P

Fake Minefields

That seems rather at odds with the (in my opinion) prevailing attitude on these boards regarding what rules allow which is that if a rule doesn't expressly disallow something then it's OK. I don't have 2nd ed so wasn't aware of the ban on "fake" rolls. The question occured to me when I...
  4. P

Fake Minefields

I haven't found anything that stops someone from asking an opponent to pause movement while he throws some dice. This can be used to fake a minefield attack (especially if you allow secret rolls to conceal MF strength). It can obviously get out of hand however and cause unacceptable delays in...
  5. P

Mud EC/Weather

B25.5 - Mud EC is -3
  6. P

A11.22 Infiltration

Re: If such a created leader were 6+1 ...but still adds 1 fp.
  7. P

Infantry smoke when a unit battle hardens

Yes, that's one way to look at it. Another is to think of it as someone getting brave enough to expose himself to fire in order to use a smoke grenade.
  8. P

VBM and Street Fighting

I'm somewhat confused as to the requirements for SFing. Does the building "opposite" the vehicle have to be 180-deg from the attacker (relative to the vehicle) or can it be 120-deg? That is, would GO infantry in 1I7 be eligible to SF any vehicles in 1I6 or 1J6? Thanks.
  9. P

T-28E M40

Both Ch. H of ASLRB 1.0 (in both the vehicle notes and the vehicle chart) and VASL 4.0 have it as black boxed-4.
  10. P

PAK 35/36

extra die roll for ROF D-man, Another reason for the third die for ROF is to reduce the chances of getting maimed by a single stack in a single phase. E.g.: in RB I once saw a 10-3 kill stack w/2 HMG's get ROF 8 times consecutively, since you can't DR above 9 and still get ROF in this case...
  11. P

50mm Mortar Hits then rolls snakes on Effects

Correct. ...only if using IFT equivalent like many light AA guns have and OBA as you noted.
  12. P

Interdiction by pre42 Nazi paratroopers

This reminds me of the fun I had as the Greeks (in "Breaking the Metaxis Line"?) running around collecting the German Para's weapons when they landed on top of my position!
  13. P

PAK 35/36

Special ammo is another house rule I and my cabal have used for many years: A check for that ammo is done before the shot is made; reason being that the way the rules are, you have to roll low on the TH to get the ammo which usually will result in a hit thus making special ammo hit more often...
  14. P

FoM - free LOS checks

Essentially what I said, but thanks for the confirmation from an ASL authority.
  15. P

FoM - free LOS checks

Good point, but for playability sake, LOS is determined from center to center with no adjustment for the actual amount of exposure the target is in. You aren't going to have 1-30+ guys standing in a 1-2m circle firing at another bunch in a similar circle - they will all be dispersed in their...