Interdiction by pre42 Nazi paratroopers

Kilroy

Reaction score
Pre 42 Nazi paratroopers are considered partially armed... in this case a 548 is treated as a 228... Is this considered half firepower for interdiction
purposes, thus not allowing interdiction? No MMP errata... both RBs... couldn't find definitive answer...

Thanx,

T-roy

Brian W

Elder Member
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
T-roy said:
Pre 42 Nazi paratroopers are considered partially armed... in this case a 548 is treated as a 228... Is this considered half firepower for interdiction purposes, thus not allowing interdiction? No MMP errata... both RBs... couldn't find definitive answer...
I would think that the 228 represents the full firepower of the squad half-armed. If the 228 were pinned, its firepower would be halved, but its firepower is not normally considered halved.

However, I have only played one scenario with pre-1942 para in it and this did not come up.

Bruce Childs

Reaction score
I see you had the same idea I had Troy....

In this instance, a broken allied mmc was adjacent to a GO, partially-armed German MMC (sqd), and our question was this-
does that broken allied mmc surrender to the German MMC, as it cannot rout unless using Low Crawl? I agree with Brian's assessment, since the German is neither unarmed, nor at half-firepower (i.e. pinned etc.), just partially-armed.

This playtest has been worthwhile, and needed or not, an SSR will be used to make this clear.

Thanks for yer help!

pzkfw5g

Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
This reminds me of the fun I had as the Greeks (in "Breaking the Metaxis Line"?) running around collecting the German Para's weapons when they landed on top of my position!