Recent content by Proff3RTR

1. Proff3RTR

Grognard Simulations

The main problem you had was the different styles in approach to cracking the Soviet defence lines. Look at how II SS Pz cracked the same if not deeper nut on their sector on the night/early morning of the 4/5th July, night time attack by infantry, silent move up to the FUP and LOD and then a...
  2. Proff3RTR

Grognard Simulations

The people to blame for the very poor showing of GD are Hoerlin & Strachwitz, Hoernlin just simply did not appreciate how to open the Russian front line and did not allow for proper Recon or Pioneer actions in front of GD (look to 11th Pz Div and how many assets Pioneer wise they applied to...
  3. Proff3RTR

Grognard Simulations

Carnage, Pure Carnage. I have managed to 'Lift' SSLAH forward and we are just short of Yakovlevo. SSLAH has taken roughly 2 Kompanies of Grenadiers Loss wise and a few Platoons from the Pz Regt but we have managed to really smash up the 151st Gds Rifle Regt (Basically it is all but wiped out!)...
  4. Proff3RTR

why so high?

I like the man already.
  5. Proff3RTR

why so high?

I joined in 88, I am 5'10 and was fine, clearly Brit Tanks have a bit more room in them than some I can mention.
  6. Proff3RTR

why so high?

A Pz III is positively tiny inside, & a Pz I is ridiculous.
  7. Proff3RTR

why so high?

pretty much, casualty evacuation and just simple bailing out of a Tank was practised time & time again, but I do feel as that a lot of it would of been down to pure luck.
  8. Proff3RTR

why so high?

The problem you get as you so rightly pointed out is location of the gun and also the turret cage, especially on some modern tanks, Chally 1 & 2 have this problem to a certain degree.
  9. Proff3RTR

why so high?

But what I would add to all these very good posts is the following, no matter how many hatches you have the actual fact your Tank has been hit will motivate you in getting out PDQ, however, lady luck will always decide what happens to the crew, you either get out or you don't, if say you are in...
  10. Proff3RTR

why so high?

Yep, Completely forgot that the later Marks of Shermans had lots of hatches, thanks for reminding an ageing 'Tankie' all the best Perry
  11. Proff3RTR

why so high?

And I bet he had the imprint of your boot soles on his face!
  12. Proff3RTR

why so high?

Fire as stated is not the only thing to worry about if you take a penetrating hit, remember that most if not all projectiles create massive amounts of heat, this causes sympathetic combustion within the fighting compartment, also you will get a certain amount of splash-back from bits of the...
  13. Proff3RTR

November lines at Stalingrad Question

Easy. look at Marks 'Island of Fire' gives you day by day FLOTS.
  14. Proff3RTR

Attention Mapmakers: Soviet villages

No, Arty barrage would of spread the timbers all over the place and shattered the buildings, no apparent shell hole remains or such like, natural abandonment and neglect.