Recent content by Pirimeister

1. P

Showdown at Quatre-Bras

It’s the 16th of June, 1815 and I’m finding myself in the shoes of Lord Wellington (although not for long, as you shall see), facing most of the French army’s left wing. How did I end up in this situation? Surely I wouldn’t have agreed in playing the underdog on such a one-sided affair? What...
  2. P

School of Soldiering for Novices I

SCHOOL OF SOLDIERING FOR NOVICES This is the first in a series of specials by one J.P. (to remain anonoymous) on tactics for the BGW novice...hope this helps!! LESSON ONE: BASIC INFANTRY DRILL Chef de Bataillon Pomme de Voie, Commanding. Just listen-up!! - this is basic training. Your...
  3. P

Situational Awareness

Situational Awareness and the Napoleonic Commander Battlefield Process by David Commerford, UK I have been fascinated by all aspects of the Napoleonic battlefield for more years than I care to remember. Until 1976, when John Keegan's The Face of Battle was first published, like most...
  4. P

Aspern and Essling scenario

Hi Bill! The result of the game was an Austrian major victory with 2008 points. And we were playing the historical scenario. It was a great fun to play the scenario and had it lasted longer, Danny might just have been able to reduce the point spread... So I'm glad we didn't play the St...
  5. P

Austria's turn 26 (out of 26) Is it on? Can I start? So here we are, reporting live from the charred battlefield of Aspern-Essling, where the sight of death and destruction is all around us. We’ve managed to get an exclusive, no-holds barred interview with the victor of this gashly...
  6. P

French Artillery Tactics

French Artillery Tactics for the Talonsoft Napoleonic Battleground Games: Each nation in the Napoleonic period possessed its own pattern of artillery, but basic design and employment was very similar. There were two principal types of artillery piece: cannon (termed ‘guns’)...
  7. P

Yes, this battle plays out nicely, I think. Austria has big numbers to bring into the battle, but the quality of the French Army is more than a match. As for the AAR, Danny and I have plans to "spruce it up" with some screenshots of the battle as it unfolded, so it becomes more easy to...
  8. P

We apologise for the following interruption to our scheduled Austrian turn 20 report, but it will resume right after this Press statement from the Austrian General Staff "Mein Herr, it is with a heavy heart and great sorrow that we inform you that Marechal Massena and at least another...
  9. P

Austrian turn 17 Well, much has changed since the last report. The austrian army has secured Aspern; NASA lanched and recovered the Discovery shuttle; Russia almost lost another sub and a boat, the portuguese Minister of Finance has quited the majority-ruling goverment after only 3 months...
  10. P

Austrian turn 9 If there's any use for the word "committed", it has to be to describe the Austrian situation in the Aspern sector of the battlefield. That description must also contain the words "heavy fighting", "routed,disordered and fatigued units a-plenty on both sides", "Austrian forces...
  11. P

Austrian Turn 3 Well, everything is runing smoothly for the austrian expedition. Charlie, the Erzherzog of War is on the scene determined to lead his men in a efficcient towards victory. A plan has been formulated, now that the French general dispositions have been determined, and is being...
  12. P

Austrian turn 2 The Austrian forces, having received their orders (scarily enough, from the same man that annihilated them in a previous pbem game), are marching to their assigned positions at a carefull pace - not because they fear french lead, but because it's very easy to get dirt into...
  13. P

Game: Eckhmul Scen: Cornered

Great game indeed! Danny did very well with what he had at hand, specialy in the South, where the odds where heavily against the French Armee. The north side of the battlefield, comprising the Regensburg area, turned into a nasty headache for the Austrians, because there was only one brige...
  14. P

New Clan Forming

Late comer, but sounding off too. I have both R6-RS and America's Army and I would like to lay it in a more serious/ not everyman for himself way. Of course the geographic location might hinder it a bit... But if you go ahead, I'm in! Cheers!
  15. P

New tank sim in development.

I aslo got that impression after reading the material in their website. When they get to the part about how the M1 performance in the Gulf was just propaganda... and all the excuses about the T72... :p But the graphics do look great...