Recent content by klasmalmstrom

1. klasmalmstrom

Dummy Stacks and AP Mines

Then your Dummy stack is eliminated. A12.11: "...Before announcing any mine attacks exposed by the movement of a stack topped by a “?”, the DEFENDER may force the ATTACKER to momentarily reveal a non-Dummy unit in that stack to show that an actual force exists there. If he cannot, or if the...
  2. klasmalmstrom

Smoke SSR?

It is Weather is Mud that prohibits SMOKE, not EC.
  3. klasmalmstrom

Minimum Damage to Marines in BR:T

IMO, it is not only a question of demand - e.g., re-doing BRT would incur a lot of work as everything in it pretty much has to be re-done from scratch, re-laid out, proofed, etc. It would suck up a lot of ASL resources - perhaps more that it would be worth to MMP.
  4. klasmalmstrom

A23.3 DC placement by CX MMC/leader

Not is is not - but Setting one is. For the attack, it is resolved just any any other attack vs a moving stack - all units subject to the PTC take the PTC - leaders first. If the squads stays unpinned the DC is operably placed.
  5. klasmalmstrom

Captured Vehicles

Pretty sure it is deployed - i.e., one HS jumps in, one remains outside. The presence of MG does not determine whether it is armed or not - it depends on whether it has an inherent crew. From the Index: Armed (any Personnel unit is Armed unless currently represented by an Unarmed counter...
  6. klasmalmstrom

SP265 Errata?

I've read several of the articles in SP that did not conform 100% with the scenario. My guess was always that the article was written before the final version of the scenario was completed.
  7. klasmalmstrom

C8.5 SMOKE in DFPh

I don't consider using a vehicular Smoke Dispenser as "firing" Smoke though. E.g., one can use that after other DFF attacks - which incidentally is true for a MOL-P as well.
  8. klasmalmstrom

C8.5 SMOKE in DFPh

What should have been done (to make this "change" more official) - IMO - is that errata should have been issued for C8.6 - adding something like what A23.6 says: "any friendly fire phase (or Defensive First Fire)".
  9. klasmalmstrom

Routing at night...... is there way to KILL the SOB

I think the clarification on page E26 might have allows routing from ADJACENT to ADJACENT: E1.54 A DM broken unit/stack wishing to rout at night may do so only by using Low Crawl [EXC: an Inherent crew abandoning its vehicle; see E1.54]. If marked with a No Move counter it may still Low Crawl...
  10. klasmalmstrom

C8.5 SMOKE in DFPh

Not SMOKE - only WP, and (per the Q&A) only before any non-WP Defensive First Fire has taken place. Yes. In this regard - not at all - they are two different phases.
  11. klasmalmstrom

C8.5 SMOKE in DFPh

The Q&A clarifies (although I think it actually changes the rules) as fire during the enemy's MPh (i.e., as defensive first fire) is not during a fire phase.
  12. klasmalmstrom

Rubble

Looks to me that jrv still thinks it is a multi-hex building, as he wrote: "I would be inclined to say that a multi-hex building remains a multi-hex building,..."
  13. klasmalmstrom

Walking Down a Path in the Woods.

It might have been something that was introduced in the text in the 2nd Edition, due to this official Q&A: B13.4212 & B13.43 May Infantry/Cavalry enter woods by using an existing TB in that hex? A. Yes. The cost for Infantry to do so is 1-1/2 MF, while that for Cavalry is 3 MF. [Gen26.5; An91...
  14. klasmalmstrom

Walking Down a Path in the Woods.

<cough, cough> :) B13.4212: " Infantry expend 1½ MF and Cavalry expend 3 MF to enter woods via a TB...."
  15. klasmalmstrom

Inexperienced Infantry use red To Hit Numbers?

I don't have access to the Elst Chartz at the moment. However, note that on the SK Charts it is usually referred to as the "final number needed to hit" - so it does not always translate directly into ASL's red TH# (which is a Basic TH#), IIRC.