Recent content by Jorath13

1. J

Desert Combat(BF1942 Mod)

DC is great. I play it exclusively to BF 1942. While the flight modeling isn't the best, it is pretty easy to pick up and does make playing more enjoyable. After all, if I'm going to want a flight sim model, I'll play one. This is a shoot-em up game.
  2. J

MoH: Pacific Assault demo---for real!

Downloading in the midst of the Hurricane I'm only getting like 56kbs even with my Road Runner connection - probably due in part to Hurrican Frances' temperment. The screenies look great, the game looks light years advanced from MoH (I only played the first game, no add-ons), and the fact it...
  3. J

Cool PC game stories

Close Combat Truly the best wargame means PC idea ever, Close Combat 1 featured the Normandy invasion with mostly hedgerow combat. I remember I had a regular infantry squad positioned just inside an orchard covering a W/E road, expecting enemy infantry to come to them from the West. In backup...
  4. J

Board Wargame Longevity

AH games are the best Panzergruppe Guderian for its replayability. Amazing how it warranted only 1 major article in the now defunct General magazine and just a couple of replays and tactical articles. Bismark for its zen-like Battleship atmosphere. "You sunk my battleship!" "Yes, that...
  5. J

Cool PC game stories

Really old game So old it was new for my Apple IIc computer. Microprose made a series of strategic WW2 games for the PC, Apple, and Commodore, one of which was a D-Day simulation. I forget the exact name right now, but it took you from the first hour to just before Operation Market Garden...
  6. J

Name That Video Game!

Halo?
  7. J

Biggest BF1942 pet peeves

Yes, I hate that myself. It's akin to pulling your car into a gas station and while refuelling it, someone drives off in it! Plane camping is another peeve (waiting for planes to respawn). Too many snipers - if that was how the war was won, fine! ...but it certainly wasn't...
  8. J

I love my Wife.

Sadly, you can get 2 37Gigs or a 74Gig for about what I paid for my 37Gig last year. :rolleyes: So much for trying to stay ahead of the curve!
  9. J

half life 2

They're not releasing it late. It was finished last year at this time but some moronic pirate scum had to steal the code and compromise Valve's product. They had to go back and make changes to the final game. I think you'll see the graphics will beat out Far Cry but not Doom3 imho.
  10. J

half life 2

Re: Re: Another screenshot Bear in mind that any Doom3 screenie doesn't look that good either...it's while the game is in motion that you are mesmerized. I've seen early movies of the HL2 game (before the code was stolen) and I've got to say I was very, very excited.
  11. J

half life 2

Yes, but there were undercurrents in the game. Remember when you're blasting along and you see scientists running ahead of you so you start to follow and then you see a couple guys in military garb and MGs drop in and start to mow down the scientists? I sat there flabbergasted for a full...
  12. J

I love my Wife.

Yeah, if it weren't for the fact this game scares the cr@p out of me, I'd have finished it in a day. Instead, I'm only a couple hours into the game and feel wrung out and exhausted. Too much adrenaline rush I guess. My system specs: P4 3.02GHz w/800Mhz FSB 1Gig RAM ATI 9800AIW vid card...
  13. J

Battlefield Eras

There's also a pirate mod with drivable ships of various sizes as well as cannon, guns of all types and of course swordplay. I saw it reviewed in PCGamer but I haven't played it yet.
  14. J

Kursk I believe? Main bases on either end (N/S) and 2 secondary bases at E/W ends? You do realize that you can fire MGs and the like at flying planes - this will knock them out fairly quickly as I don't believe they can repair their plane unless they land and there's an engy nearby. I think...
  15. J

1) all the tking that goes on in some maps. I'm all for realistic damage, but really people, if you're that aggresive, you don't belong in my military! 2) directing in arty fire is very difficult for me. Of course, that's my problem. 3) flag control - some maps only one side can...