Recent content by Honza

1. Honza

Adapting existing campaign games to other battles.

The PL rules are now onto the 4th or 5th edition and I'm still not sure they have resolved all the inaccuracies and quirks. Any CG rules can act as a template for your homemade CG if the subjects are similar.
  2. Honza

That is a good point. Choose your forces, choose your CG template, choose your map - and you are ready to go without spending hours creating all the parts from scratch.
  3. Honza

There are perhaps 30 workable CGs in existence for ASL. Workable meaning that they are functional, balanced and fun. It seems a lot but there are stacks of battles not covered by the CG system. How about taking an existing CG and adapting it to another battle? For example if you are craving to...
  4. Honza

A little distraction.

Well, CH are going to release two maps of south Stalingrad. Plus they have a new DTW map released already. If one really wanted to they could lay out a map of most of Stalingrad. It would need some printing - like the VotG map needs enlarging to 1" hexes. And it would need some collecting from...
  5. Honza

A little distraction.

Essentially it was the defence of these two factory complexes that foiled the German assault. The DTW fell within days but these two complexes held and gave the Russians a chance to recover. The battle for Stalingrad does not come any more crucial than this.
  6. Honza

A little distraction.

The tip of Betio is available to download and print out somewhere on the web.
  7. Honza

A little distraction.

That would be from the top end of the RB map to the bottom of the RO map! One word - hindrances.
  8. Honza

A little distraction.

Perry Pender did a map of the brickworks which connects the RB map to CH's DTW map. It would make the combined map 15ft long.
  9. Honza

A little distraction.

Yours truly.
  10. Honza

Paging Nick Holmshaw

Nick probably plays solo and randomly picked a name out of the list so he could post his results. I believe I have done something similar in the past.
  11. Honza

A little distraction.

Combined the maps are just under 8ft long and 3ft wide.
  12. Honza

A little distraction.

Since it is so quiet here I thought I'd offer a distraction in the form of a preview of the coming Red Factories module. These photos were taken a while back of the RB and RO maps placed together. A Stalingrad fan wet dream.
  13. Honza

New Thread

Yep the forum is pretty quiet.
  14. Honza

UV CG I Flesh Against Concrete

So what happened? Is this CG on hold?
  15. Honza

Trouble posting?

Just had some massive windows updates too - could that have helped?