Recent content by acolic

1. A

Newbie and Case B, C and J

Ok, I almost have all this. Just a couple of more examples to get clarification on. Two vehicles are facing each other. Both are stopped and both have been in each others line of sight for > 3MP. If during vehicle ones movment phase it decides to fire against vehicle two it would be no...
  2. A

Newbie and Case B, C and J

Hi, I am going through the armour rules right now and am playing Blazing Chariots. Case B, C and J are confusing me. Could someone tell me if the below are true: Case B only applies to armour units which did not fire during their prep fire phase or move during their movement phase...
  3. A

Chapter A Divider

When I called MMP they told me that neither Chapter A or G was available. I'll call them again and see if I can get a photocopy. Looks like I am stuck in that standard ASL situation; you want to buy something, you have the money, but it's not available.
  4. A

Chapter A Divider

Hi, could someone post a PDF of Chapter A. I lost it at a tournament and MMP will not have some in for a while. Kind of hard to play ASL without the concealment chart and the national characteristics. Thanks Alex
  5. A

Newbie and OBA

Ok, last question. During my df phase I converted a SR to a FFE:1 and hit a en stack on the 16 IFT (80mm Mortar). What about residual? If enemy troops move through the FFE:2 area during their movement phase do they get hit with a 8 IFT attack?
  6. A

Newbie and OBA

Thanks for the info. I just have to clear something up. This is the order of OBA 1: get radio contact and battery access. Place AR and SR 2: maintain radio contact and battery access. convert SR to FFE:1 replace with FFE:2 3. maintain radio contact and battery access. Resolve FFE:2 and...
  7. A

Newbie and OBA

Hi, I am playing "The Hedgehog of Piepsk" my first scenario with OBA. The rules looked pretty difficult but the OBA flowchart really cleared things up. Quick question though, if I set up a SR in the prep fire phase can I convert it to a FFE:1 in the DFPh? It seems from the flowchart...
  8. A

Wind direction

Hi, if you start playing a scenario that has no wind and during a turn you roll for a wind change and the wind increases, what direction and strength is the wind? Thanks Alex
  9. A

Broken Units and SW Posession

Hi, I am in the middle of a game and I have a broken squad with a MMG that refuses to rally. I have moved another squad into their location. I can't find any rules that tell me how I can move the MMG from the broken squad to the ok squad. Thanks for the info. Alex
  10. A

Mishmash of newbie questions Part Two

Thanks for the info. I just want to make sure I understand something that Tompy wrote. If I originally fire on a squad in the open with the 467/MMG and my MG does not get ROF then I will leave 4FP Res in the hex. For every +TEM along the way to the target hex the Res FP is reduced by one...
  11. A

Mishmash of newbie questions Part Two

Thanks to all that replied to my first mishmash of newbie questions. I am playing Gavin's Take and I have a fire lane question. I have set up a 4-6-7 and a 5-12 MMG and in 3S3 to fire into 3Y2. I have read the alternate hex rules but none of the examples seem to apply to this case...
  12. A

New to ASL--Willing to Learn, if you'll teach

Hi, there are a couple of us that play in the Hamilton-Burlington area. Send me a note at acolic@yahoo.com and I will send you the details. Thanks Alex
  13. A

Mishmash of newbie questions

Hi, I just a look at board 12 and your examples. I thought there was a difference with hedges, being that you can fire into or out of a hedge hex but not beyond. So 12V8 can fire into 12X7 but not into 12Y7. Is this correct. Also, I am not sure what happens when you fire at a hedge hex but...
  14. A

I live in Hamilton, Ontario. There are a few players around here and we get together for a game here and there. Like everyone else it's hard to get a game organized. To improve my skills until the next game I thought I would play a quick solitaire game on the side. Alex
  15. A

Hi, I am learning the rules by playing a few solitaire games. So far so good but I would like to confirm a few things. Hopefully someone could comment on the below statements: Using board 12 for the examples: 1. Hedges are confusing me a bit. A unit in 12U8 can fire at a unit in...