Zidane

cain

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Wow, what an amazing football player. Why on earth in the world would he want to end his career like that?

So he wispered something to Zidane, Zidane said something back, and walked about 4 steps infront, turned round and headbutted him right in the chest, knocking him clean off his feet.

All i can think is, what Materazzi said to him must have been a personal insult towards him making him lash out headbutting him in the chest and throwing him to the floor.

Your views on this strange event in the World Cup final...

Your views on this strange event in the World Cup final...

Mark

Reaction score
Country
ll
ye it's pretty disgracful, as bad as Rooney in the England match, a terable way to end.

Did he get a medel at the end of it?

cain

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Mark said:
ye it's pretty disgracful, as bad as Rooney in the England match, a terable way to end.

Did he get a medel at the end of it?
I'm not sure if he got a medal.

Its such a sad way to end your career though :( its worse than rooney because he can learn and not do that again but on your last match as the captian aswell, to do something like that. I'd be really, really interested to know what Materazzi said to him, something personal no doubt.

Mark

Reaction score
Country
ll
sorry ment to say worse :p

i want to know what was said, hopefully we find out.

cain

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Mark said:
i want to know what was said, hopefully we find out.
I'm very anxious to, im sure many other people are too :confused:

.MystiKal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
DavijoBoy said:
I don't think it was a disgrace !! IT WAS HALAIRIOUS !! lol :up:
You do know that he could have died from that blow... I don't find that hilarious at all.

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Headbutting someone at full force in the sternum is no joke, that could have been very dangerous and Zidane should be (and probally is) incredibly ashamed of his actions - Also, no way in hell you can compare that to Rooneys red. Rooney stamped on the guy in reaction to the fact that the two Portugese defenders were holding on to him and near enough trying to pull him down, not to mention that he is young, hot-headed and very agressive in his style of play. Zidane is the French captain and one of the most respected players in the business, he should know better.

.MystiKal

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Bootaaay said:
Headbutting someone at full force in the sternum is no joke, that could have been very dangerous and Zidane should be (and probally is) incredibly ashamed of his actions - Also, no way in hell you can compare that to Rooneys red. Rooney stamped on the guy in reaction to the fact that the two Portugese defenders were holding on to him and near enough trying to pull him down, not to mention that he is young, hot-headed and very agressive in his style of play. Zidane is the French captain and one of the most respected players in the business, he should know better.
Was the French captain. Good thing his career ended otherwise he would be in serious trouble.

.pars

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Does'nt matter who Rooney and Zidane are and what their attitude traits are, these incidents are unacceptbale and should have a more servere punishment.

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Pars4Life said:
Does'nt matter who Rooney and Zidane are and what their attitude traits are, these incidents are unacceptbale and should have a more servere punishment.
Oh give over, how anyone can compare a foul commited in the heat of play to a foul commited while not on the ball is beyond me.

Mark

Reaction score
Country
ll
thats not why Rooney got the card and thats not why I'm comparing it, i'm talking about when he was aggressive to Ronaldo after it and pushed him.

.pars

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
But surely if this happened on the street (zidane incident) it would be a crime, why did Zidane get away with only a red card. Bad example with the rooney one.

Bootaaay

Nibelung Valesti
Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
Mark said:
thats not why Rooney got the card and thats not why I'm comparing it, i'm talking about when he was aggressive to Ronaldo after it and pushed him.
If Rooney was sent off for pushing Ronaldo, then surely Figo should have been sent off for headbutting Van Bommel, rather than just being yellow-carded.

Mark

Reaction score
Country
ll
No idea, only watched like two matches, but if it was a different referee then he might of been less bothered by it or they didn't really see what happened exactly.

Sprig

Reaction score
First name
Luke
Country
llUnited Kingdom
If i were to walk in a bar and just do it to a random person i would probably be arrested on the spot, if police were there...:dead:
Still i think all the hatred has moved to him now instead of ronaldo :p

bradas

Reaction score
Country
llUnited Kingdom
nonono wait a second... doesnt the player dive just a little bit? to me, the point of impact doesnt look painful.. also IMO, if david beckham had of done that, every one would've been like ''OMFG beckham just headbutted an italian player''.. everyone's like ''oh yeah, zidane headbutted someone, get over it''
all i'm saying is that if it had of been an english player there would be uproar all over the world...