Yule Festival

Michael Dorosh

der Spieß des Forums
Reaction score
First name
Michael
Country
llCanada
Easy- there's no work or effort involved to get what everyone else has- a level they are not.
Except in this case, the "work and effort" is actually game content i.e. level specific quests. Weird outlook to have. The whole levelling thing is designed to give a "sense of achievement", as illusory as it might be to think you've achieved something sitting on your arse for 100+ hours in front of a monitor!

Palantir

Member #86
Reaction score
Country
llUnited States
How mindless can running your character in circles around a town from table to table "eating" food for an entire day be? (About the same as grinding deeds probably) What sense of accomplishment is there from doing that unless your primary goal was to rack up a ton of Yule tokens to buy everything twice and the EXP was just a nice bonus.

But since he said this: "Since I had only created this character to do Scholar crafting with, and wasn’t much in the mood to do any hard playing, I was very glad to level up this way!" It pretty much means that eating pies was a secondary goal once the EXP revelation came to him.

And that’s the perfect real player & in-game example for Turbine to start selling "Leveling Scrolls," players not wanting to do anything hard to level up (for whatever reason).

Once Turbine went from a sense of players achieving something by doing it, to "just buy it from the store" the game lost a lot of its distinctiveness. Their "Store only items" that improve your game play is what leads me to believe that even selling Leveling Scrolls is now a possibility in the game. Sure they may have a cool-down of a week but if it means quicker advancement some players will buy it up which means more $$$.

You have to create your own in-game world & sence of what is fun and worthwhile, if you can then the game is still fun.